The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XS Power single kit arrived today *Pics*

Homer

Well, 2/3 of it anyway, the turbo is in shipping...

However, the contents are great considering the price:

- T4 Manifold

- T04R XS Power turbo

- V-Band clamp

- 3inch down pipe with 02, EGT flanges welded on

- 4inch air intake pipe, with flanges for breather system

- 600x300x100 FMIC

- 2x FMIC pipes

- 50mm wastegate

- Manifold gaskets

- Wastegate gaskets and fitting kit

- Exhaust gaskets

- Screamer pipe & gasket

- O2 sensor gaskets

- Tons of oil and water connectors, joins and elbows

- Aeromotive FPR (presumably a copy)

- FPR fitting kit inc braided fuel lines

- 2x fpr pressure gauges (two??)

- Turbo oil feed and return pipes

- Breather pipes

- XS Power dump valve and fitting kit (Sard copy I think)

- Bags of other nuts, bolts, flanges, etc...

- XXL T-shirt :D (How did they know my size!)

All for £599 inc delivery to my door. This was shipped on Tuesday from NC in the states, arrived this morning - UK traders could learn a thing or two here!! The packaging was absolutely superb too, it took nearly 20 mintes just to unpack.

XS Power kit 1.jpg

XS Power kit 2.jpg

XS Power kit 3.jpg

XS Power kit 4.jpg

XS Power kit 5.jpg

XS Power kit 6.jpg

XS Power kit 7.jpg

XS Power kit 8.jpg

XS Power kit 9.jpg

XS Power kit 10.jpg

XS Power kit 11.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you get loads for that price! Its seems to be a complete kit as well in the sense with my PHR i had to go and buy loads of small bits and pieces to get it up and running. And i suppose at that prices if something breaks that i would'nt cost that much to replace anyway :) The intake Tube looks good as well as its got the flanges for the crank case breating etc, i'm having to wield some on mind.

What turbo did you go for?

is this everything you need? will you need to get any parts custom fabricated? you putting this on your motor, very eager to find out how this goes as looking at all that lovely stuff is tempting me now :D

Its far more than I was expecting and incredible value for money. Not sure what else is needed, it did cross everything off the list I made, but think I'll need to get some better pipes for the breather system. Not sure if I'd be too happy using the oil fittings they provided, they look a little 'B&Q'. I may also need to buy a water feed kit for the turbo (I am not using the XS power turbo, thats going on my desk as a pencil holder :D )

Its seems to be a complete kit as well in the sense with my PHR i had to go and buy loads of small bits and pieces to get it up and running. And i suppose at that prices if something breaks that i would'nt cost that much to replace anyway :) The intake Tube looks good as well as its got the flanges for the crank case breating etc, i'm having to wield some on mind.

It may be fairly complete but it'll be no match for the PHR kit in terms of quality, but as you say for that price I really couldn't care if the manifold cracks, they're only £120ish from XS power. Wasn't expecting all the flanges to be welded on already, so thats a real bonus!

What turbo did you go for?

Either BL67 dbb or BL67 non-dbb, just waiting for some prices.

I'd be worried about the FPR but well done... bargain! You will need extra things to fit (flexi pipe for the exhaust, scrap the oil fittings and buy new ones etc.) but still a bloody bargain!

Agree about the fpr but already have an aeromotive installed :)

What do you mean by flexi pipe for the exhuast?

Hopefully LeeT is going to have some time this week to have a good look over the kit and advise what needs replacing.

so how much do you reckon then for this kit as a starting point plus a BL67DBB turbo and the extras you need to get from elsewhere, less than £2k? in total?

I am interested, been looking to get my base BPU car single ready but the cost of single sometimes puts me off, this might be me entry level route into the single world - in the future

Its a bit early to say yet Chilli, here's how its stacking up so far:

XS power kit £600

BL T67dbb £750 (ish) (not purchased yet)

Emanage blue £150

Fields harness £175

Injectors £300 (ish) (Not purchased yet)

Injector testing and cleaning £60 (ish)

Mapping by Ian C £300

Massive K&N filter: £60

Installation: Free :D

Probably need some new oil lines as GeordieSteve says and maybe water lines too, so say another £100 (?). Also need to weld a flange into the IC hardpipe for the HKS SSQV, but that'll be peanuts. May also need to adapt the rail to dual feed, not really looked into that yet but it can't cost too much.

Total so far £1685

I'm expecting the total to come in less than £2000 once all the odds and ends are added in.

dude first hand experence on the oil fittings

i was supplied with the boost logic fitting when i brought my GT40 turbo and from day one were nothing but hastle (not saying this goes for all boost logic stuff) pretty sure i had a crap one as we could never get it to seal correctly on the return greg was pulling the remains off his hair out (sorry mate:d ) anyway he suggested going over to the xs power return and feeds at first i must admit i was like that looks crap but then greg demostrated how it works and how the pipe grips the fitting and i have to say was very very impressed we fited it to the car and it gave me 3000 miles off excellent service and as far as am away still is

oh and for info we think that the bl fitting (plate) was warped

dude first hand experence on the oil fittings

i was supplied with the boost logic fitting when i brought my GT40 turbo and from day one were nothing but hastle (not saying this goes for all boost logic stuff) pretty sure i had a crap one as we could never get it to seal correctly on the return greg was pulling the remains off his hair out (sorry mate:d ) anyway he suggested going over to the xs power return and feeds at first i must admit i was like that looks crap but then greg demostrated how it works and how the pipe grips the fitting and i have to say was very very impressed we fited it to the car and it gave me 3000 miles off excellent service and as far as am away still is

oh and for info we think that the bl fitting (plate) was warped

Wayne I would suggest you werent supplied with a genuine BL oil feed/return kit. I have never heard nor had a issue with this.

If the XS power oli feed/return kit is the same as fitted to Toyotatom's car, then I would take a BL kit any day of the week!

Wayne I would suggest you werent supplied with a genuine BL oil feed/return kit. I have never heard nor had a issue with this.

If the XS power oli feed/return kit is the same as fitted to Toyotatom's car, then I would take a BL kit any day of the week!

just a bad one i guess mate was supplied with a earls feed no probs with that it was just the plate that mounts to the turbo on the return that was faulty when placed on a flat surface you could rock it was clearly warped,the one supplied with the xs kit was not all blingy and lovely looking as the bl supplied one but got to be honest it really works very well

just a bad one i guess mate was supplied with a earls feed no probs with that it was just the plate that mounts to the turbo on the return that was faulty when placed on a flat surface you could rock it was clearly warped,the one supplied with the xs kit was not all blingy and lovely looking as the bl supplied one but got to be honest it really works very well

sounds very un BL like Wayne.

thats was not a attack at boostlogic terry hell every company supplys something at some pount that aint 100% perfect thats the way it goes my supplier in the states offered to replace it foc but was the time scale i wanted my car back on the road

I never said it was Wayne. Who supplied the oil feed/return lines?

Also whilst on the subject, I saw your old car had boostlogic injectors, but they werent as size I recognise. What were the details? Top/side feed? High Low impedance? CC?

the precision turbo will not fit on that manifold properly , the dp will not fit ... every will work fine if you fit the turbo provided with the kit , its a 58mm turbo , how i know i have on sat in the garage ..... the oil feed lines are fine , the return is a bit iffy . but good value , just make sure you know you are faced with some fab work . Also i would wrap the dp woth heat tape , as it get very close to the water feed and could heat the pipe up and break it .

michel

the precision turbo will not fit on that manifold properly , the dp will not fit ... every will work fine if you fit the turbo provided with the kit , its a 58mm turbo , how i know i have on sat in the garage ..... the oil feed lines are fine , the return is a bit iffy . but good value , just make sure you know you are faced with some fab work . Also i would wrap the dp woth heat tape , as it get very close to the water feed and could heat the pipe up and break it .

michel

Thanks for the feedback. Fabrication work isn't a problem, one of the local Supra owners uncle makes kit car exhuasts so he'll be doing any welding/fab work.

The manifold and downpipe will be wrapped too. and I'll be using a blanket for the turbo (forgot that from the list!).

Thanks for the feedback. Fabrication work isn't a problem, one of the local Supra owners uncle makes kit car exhuasts so he'll be doing any welding/fab work.

The manifold and downpipe will be wrapped too. and I'll be using a blanket for the turbo (forgot that from the list!).

You will need to at least remove a strengthening bar for the 67 to fit IIRC. Also I really wouldnt wrap that manifold mate.

Terry, have you seen the XS oil feed first hand? If not I'll send one down for you to have a good look at.

Mine didn't even come close to fitting

I have seen one thats been fitted Steve but don't know the origin. Be nice to have a look anyway mate