The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey guys/girls

Guest Projects14aUK

Guest Projects14aUK

Hey,

Just a quick introduction. My name's Danny, i'm 20years old and i live in essex. I own a 1998 200sx S14a, currently running just under 300bhp.

The reason why i have joined on here is because i'm putting a 2JZ lump in my s14a, it's been done a few times in the states and i wanna be one of the first over here..so it's being done!

So...lol...where do i find basic information on tuning techniques for the 2jz lump, due to the nature of the conversion i'm required immediately to go for a single turbo set up and the twin turbo will certainly fowl on the steering column.

At the first stage of tuning i'm looking for 500bhp...another thing i need advice on, is that i'll be using the 5 speed box from a soarer (1jz)...this will bolt straight onto the 2JZ, correct? What power can the 5 speed handle?

The reason behind using the 5speed instead of the 6speed get rag i'd hoped is basically its a hell of alot easier to fit the 5speed as i already have a custom driveshaft ready to be made in the states :D

Hope everyone's ok...look forward to spending more time around the forum and gettin to know you all better :)

Danny

Guest Projects14aUK
Jesus, you are erm, keen? Is there another word for it? Maybe the word im looking for is CRAZY!

:p sure is one word for it...but what gave you that impression?:D

any links to the perfect 500-550bhp set up? Can the standard 5speed cope with that much power...i want the 6speed but its not gona happen :(

Guest Projects14aUK
Hmmmm, interesting idea...

But why not just go with a nissan engine... RB26DETT or something similar, it will be much easier to fit in as well...

firstly it's been done, secondly the 2JZ will actually cost less, third the 2JZ has much more potential for power and greater capacity. you guys should be pleased i've chosen a toyota lump,lol

firstly it's been done, secondly the 2JZ will actually cost less, third the 2JZ has much more potential for power and greater capacity. you guys should be pleased i've chosen a toyota lump,lol

Nah, wasn't knocking it, was just thinking there are far easy was of doing it..

As far as gearbox, I believe the W58 goes on without any issues, as far as I remember the 154 can fit, but it would require the W58 bell housing anyway.. (Don't take this as gospel as I could have them the wrong way around).

For single stuff, you will obviously have to considering fueling and ECU controlling. If you don't have a VVTi engine you will have a lot more opens as far as ECU's go..

Good luck

Guest Projects14aUK

Right ok i'll have to look into that...any recommendations on which engine to get specifically, is the vvti engine much better than the previous model? and which year did it come into construction?

Ooooh, VVTi vs non... hmm that has always been an interesting one.

The VVTi does offer a few advantages by using the variable cam, however this also makes it slightly more difficult to tune (Not impossible). It also has a higher rev limit. The differences however I would say are not enough to justify going out to look for one specially, as the non-vvti has been tuned more in the UK than the vvti's so the level of experience is better.

Guest Projects14aUK

eh excellent stuff...sorry to be such a pain with so many questions mate...lol

Any tuning guides on here for the engine though? or someone running a similar spec to what i want?