The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey guys........

mugen_power

First off just thought I would come and say hi as I'v finally decided to get the supra that I have always craved, and figured where better to start than here and purchase from here as people on car forums tend to be enthuasiasts therefore the car are more looked after etc.

I'll be coming up from a 2.0 gti 6, which is a fair big step so I'm guessing its probably best to go to a N/A first off get used to that much more power and putting it through the rear wheels, right?

So I just thought I would come on and do some research etc, look for common problems with them etc.

I trying to compare it to something, my mate has a nissan 200sx s14 which I think is pushing similar power to the N/A supras and are fairly similar size, weight etc, has anyone had any experience of both these cars.

If so could you just give me a quick comparison so I know roughly what the power and speed will be like, i.e similar to them?

And if anyone has any tips you guys want to throw my way in regards of buying your first supra I'd be very gratefull :)

Cheers :thumbs:

Great site by the way.

Welcome to the fold.

I don't see the need to start with an N/A unless your budget doesn't allow a TT.

I came from a saxo VTS a few years back and went to a TT.

Quite a lot of people find that after a while of owning the N/A they want more power and end up adding a turbo to it at more cost than buying a TT originally.

Have a look at this thread for a guide to buying: CLICK ME

First off just thought I would come and say hi as I'v finally decided to get the supra that I have always craved, and figured where better to start than here and purchase from here as people on car forums tend to be enthuasiasts therefore the car are more looked after etc.

I'll be coming up from a 2.0 gti 6, which is a fair big step so I'm guessing its probably best to go to a N/A first off get used to that much more power and putting it through the rear wheels, right?

So I just thought I would come on and do some research etc, look for common problems with them etc.

I trying to compare it to something, my mate has a nissan 200sx s14 which I think is pushing similar power to the N/A supras and are fairly similar size, weight etc, has anyone had any experience of both these cars.

If so could you just give me a quick comparison so I know roughly what the power and speed will be like, i.e similar to them?

And if anyone has any tips you guys want to throw my way in regards of buying your first supra I'd be very gratefull :)

Cheers :thumbs:

Great site by the way.

I think you should be looking for a tt as my son has a sx200 and my brother had 20 gti 6 pug.

Well according to Max Power (i read a lot!!) - i sure am not looking at the girls in their underwear..........!

200SX S14 - bout 197 bhp std, top speed of 146mph and cheaper to buy...

Supra 326 bhp, top speed 155mph as std....

Guys before you jump on me.... i am only a girl!!

Well according to Max Power (i read a lot!!) - i sure am not looking at the girls in their underwear..........!

200SX S14 - bout 197 bhp std, top speed of 146mph and cheaper to buy...

Supra 326 bhp, top speed 155mph as std....

Guys before you jump on me.... i am only a girl!!

That Suora figure is for a TT not an NA. Tut, girls eh? :rolleyes: :D

Hmmm yeah I see what your saying and I did consider just waiting and throwing a bit more cash in and do it right and get the TT first time round.

What sort of mileage would we be talking about?

With my experience with japanese cars my honda went for ever are supra's the same? What sort of mileage do they get to before you need to think about getting rid?

Hmmm yeah I see what your saying and I did consider just waiting and throwing a bit more cash in and do it right and get the TT first time round.

With my experience with japanese cars my honda went for ever are supra's the same? What sort of mileage do they get to before you need to think about getting rid?

Owning a Supra is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. The length of time you spend riding in them isnt an issue providing they have been well looked after and serviced regularly. :D

how much cash have you got cj will find you one