The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the ultimate heat shield ?

uk-rich

i have been busy over the last few weeks, took forever to make the edges follow the underside of the bonnet properly, but got there in the end !

When the bonnet is closed, it sits firmly against the black edging strip, creating a seal.

(i will get a pic from underneath)

i still get the induction roar, due to gaps where the bonnet meets the wing :eyebrows:

made from 2mm aluminium, and then chromed by colsoop

i have been thinking about becoming a hobbyist to sell these, so if any interest from members, i will contact mawby and get something sorted (hopefully !)

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

i have been busy over the last few weeks, took forever to make the edges follow the underside of the bonnet properly, but got there in the end !

When the bonnet is closed, it sits firmly against the black edging strip, creating a seal.

(i will get a pic from underneath)

i still get the induction roar, due to gaps where the bonnet meets the wing :eyebrows:

made from 2mm aluminium, and then chromed by colsoop

i have been thinking about becoming a hobbyist to sell these, so if any interest from members, i will contact mawby and get something sorted (hopefully !)

Edge trim from RS i see...

Used that on my heatsheild too,

We use it on Data Cabinet lids for the fan trays and taht got me thinking...

mmm would be useful stuff to edge a Heatsheild with....

LOL

Looks good mate

Looks great rich:cool: but would the hole for the intake pipe not be in a different place on most singles?

it would indeed, i would supply them in bare aluminium, so then you can put whatever hole size/shape your application needs, then once it is all sized and cut, send it colsoop and he can work his magic

chromed, powder coated, or anodised in a wide selection of colours

the heat shield uses the holes already put there by toyota, so no drilling !

it would indeed, i would supply them in bare aluminium, so then you can put whatever hole size/shape your application needs, then once it is all sized and cut, send it colsoop and he can work his magic

chromed, powder coated, or anodised in a wide selection of colours

the heat shield uses the holes already put there by toyota, so no drilling !

Ahh i see...Id be intrested in that case then....

By the way your engine bay looks great... very clean:cool: ...id love to read the spec and see some more pics of the car:)

i can't see why not, i will supply the heat shields "un-finshed" so you can cut out any holes that you require for your application.

"un-finshed" means, the sheild shape will be there, with mounting holes, cut outs for clearance etc, but no holes for boost pipes etc, this way each one can be taylored to your needs

cheers

• 3 weeks later...