The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back on the road !

Mcgoo

Just a quick update and a thanks for anyone that gave me advise after my tubbies went pop.

I sourced a pair of 2nd hand j-spec tubbies with 40k@standard boost and fitted them myself at the weekend thanks to the first part of Tlicense's guide.

For anyone who is thinking about changing their turbos themselves but is worried about it...don't be. As long as you've got a decent tool kit, a weekend to spare and alot of patience give it a go.

Its only been 3 weeks driving my n/a 300zx but my soop feels like a rocket again!! I forgot how much I love it :D

I must admit, I am an engineer but I don't work with cars.

Yeah I think a numpty with all the tools in the world and a can of wd40 could do it...as long as they had enough hand skills to use a spanner and a pair of pliers and followed the guide.

The hardest part was having the balls to turn the key for the first time !