The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Miami gt smic results

jayssupra

Hi just got back from having my car rolling roaded for the second time, have sent the graphs down to paul so he can post them on the forum for me because i don't have a scanner, i did 2 power runs on the rolling road, first one was with my old intercooler, second was with my miami gt intercooler, my car has a full de-cat and panel filter,fuel cut defender,restritor ring set at 1 bar,and i use my blitz boost controller to turn up boost to 1.1 bar, both runs car hit 1.1 bar of boost.

results

first run old cooler 351 bhp at 5646 rpm 335 torque

second run miami gt 387 bhp at 5625 rpm 360 torque

i'd just like to say a big thanks to paul at Miami gt for selling this intercooler for less than half the cost of a toyota intercooler

and just to let you no that i am very happy with it.

a very big thanks paul.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I would be impressed by those figures too. Now, before the "it isn't a true test" brigade slate me for saying that, let me explain why I did. :)

The test shows that there is a very good increase in performance by swapping your old SMIC to one of the replacements Paul sells. I dont think he (nor anyone who has bought them) is saying they are better than the ones from Mr. T or CW but you will have to admit that they are a huge improvement over a knackered one and at an affordable price.

Good result there methinks. :)

Wheres Clarkey??????

We need the equivalent of the bat signal for him so this can be turned into a 300 page slag fest. :D

He is probably waiting for the dyno sheets to be posted up.

wow, and i have a fat hks fmic, and i have 304hp?

funny that

I have no doubt that had you put it onto the same dyno as the chap who posted, then you "may" have made a bigger figure.

The post wasn't to show that the car made "X" amount of power but rather to show that the change made a difference.

Lockys96 you must still have your cats in, get yourself a full de-cat and boost controller and get it on the rollers again, 304bhp is what a standard j-spec should be.

My stock J spec made 322 BHP, 308 lb/ft torque with everything stock bar after market exhaust, boost at 0.8 Bar.