The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wont hit redline in park

D8MOA

sorry a few beers were had before i wrote that :innocent:

yes the only reason for using the used plugs was because thay worked fine in the other car, i have a boost problem in the higher gears and on boost, i wanted to know if the same problem happend when the car wasnt under extream load, i would of thought it would be eaiser to fix the problem like that (reving it in park) rather then keep looking/replasing parts then trying to road test it again and again to see if it was cured

sorry a few beers were had before i wrote that :innocent:

yes the only reason for using the used plugs was because thay worked fine in the other car, i have a boost problem in the higher gears and on boost, i wanted to know if the same problem happend when the car wasnt under extream load, i would of thought it would be eaiser to fix the problem like that (reving it in park) rather then keep looking/replasing parts then trying to road test it again and again to see if it was cured

Still pissed? :D :p

As far as I know autobox's will not rev past a certian point, something to do with the torque converter. Most auto's are limited to around 3000rpm in neutral and park.

most autos or most supra autos?

mine will rev past 3000 in neutral and park, once or twice up past 6000 to annoy a neighbour :sly:

Jeez, has this what it has come to, plugs being pulled from another engine, revving it to the max in park.......

For Sale: Toyota Supra TT, one carefull owner, perfectly loved........ lol :p

All in jest....
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif
, but seriously until you know you have good new parts how can you even determin where the problem lies.......;)

Jeez, has this what it has come to, plugs being pulled from another engine, revving it to the max in park.......

For Sale: Toyota Supra TT, one carefull owner, perfectly loved........ lol :p

All in jest....
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif
, but seriously until you know you have good new parts how can you even determin where the problem lies.......;)

ive got a few new coil packs on but may well change the others as well