The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift vs Normal pre 97 J-specs?

Sheefa

Hi all,

These are my rear lights. hey're from a J-spec TT on a 93 plate. I take it these are standard non-facelift lights right?

I took a look at Nics facelift lights and they look identical (See here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=76750).

So, my main question is what's the difference - are the bulb lightings themselves different? :blink:

Apologies for not using the search function if this has been covered before yeah! :)

Cheers,

Greg

Clean and Tidy Supra Rear.jpg

Greg yours are the standard pre-facelift rear lights, the facelift lights have a charcoal grey inner, the lenses are also quite different. The facelift rears also use different bulbs which are brighter and look diffrent when illuminated due to different lenses. Personally I think they look a lot more modern compared to the early ones.

The rears I sell include all bulbs and harness and are a straight swap, it's a quick and easy job to swap them over.

This pic of Pete's shows the pre-facelift rear on the left, the facelift rear on the right.

http://www.pbarfield.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/halfdone.JPG

Thanks all and cheers Pete, Burna and Nic for the pics.

I think you're right Burna, not to keen on a grey surround on a black car - looks a little odd and out of place. Reminds me of cheap lexus upgrades for saxos and the like to be honest. Thanks Nic for clarifying mate, but do you have any other rears available?

Burna - really like those mate. They look lovely, more moden and clean. Are they standard UK Spec ones then? ;)

Cheers all, Greg

Burna - really like those mate. They look lovely, more moden and clean. Are they standard UK Spec ones then? ;)

Ah see you're not as green as you're cabbage looking :p

Missed you not being there Sunday, I wore a T-shirt I had printed especially for you. Everyone thinks you have a lovely girlfriend :D

Lol why thanks Burna. Missed you too buddy and yes I certainly do have a lovely girlfriend. Let me see this t-shirt then. Did it say 'Greg's best friend' or 'I'd like to play with Gregs friend' ?

Would you like to spend a little 'quality time' with her in exchange for your lights? I hope pimping isn't against the board rules. ;) She takes the piss out of you lot and meeting my 'supra friends' anyway so you're welcome to her bud! In the middle once again - her friends are available too :p

Really hope to see you soon bud. Once my car is back on the road, next 2 weeks hopefully, I'll catch up with everyone at the next mids meet :)

holiday.jpg

2 weeks Greg! What you having done now?

.............perhaps Mr Wilson could enlighten me as to what needs to be done first mate!! Think he's pretty damn busy at the moment so should find out soon. No doubt some expensive work.

I'm hoping it's not so I can get my other bits and bobs sorted. ;)

Yeah cheers Tiger.

Her name is Jenny, she's 18, she has 34 DDs (I know this as she's left her bra here many a time before when visiting my sister. No, I didn't look in her bra!) and goes to Bristol Uni but lives her in Solihull in the hols. She is single and goes like the clappers.........so i've heard ;)

£20 for the week mate.