The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supras around the world

francis

Well just returned from my round the world trip and happy to say I managed to see at least one Supra in every country I went to!

Hong Kong - only saw the one in red, surprisingly rare even though there are a fair number of "older" cars around.. tuning shops here didn't know much about Supras. Original Toyota parts for the Supe were surprisingly expensive too! That said all the generic things like in car electronics, ICE all very cheap!

China - managed to see one, photo attached. A real mixture of cars here (in Hang Zhou), £100k new S-classes and millions of clapped out VW taxis!

Malaysia - saw quite a few here, several kitted, I guess petrol at around 30p/l helps!

Sydney - quite a few around, one spotted on the street. Plenty of import car dealerships on Paramatta Road with plenty of Supra's, the ones I saw around the £10k mark.

New Zealand - again a few around and a few Jap import dealerships - photo attached ;) On another note, police seem to be very tight on speed here and in Australia too (where practically all of my relatives are one point away from losing their licenses).. I managed to get a ticket in NZ for 72 in a 40 (kmph) clocked by a police car coming in the opposite direction at 1am! (as far as I'm aware they can't do that here?) - £70 fine :(

Fiji - I saw one here whilst on a tour of the main island. Kitted up to the eye balls with the number plate "I FLY", surprisingly this guy is one of the local pilots!

California/Las Vegas - only managed to see one on the road but took the opportunity to check out a few tuning shops. First stop was Leading Edge Performance in Las Vegas - unfortunately they didn't have any Supra's in at the time, but three NSX's all with single turbo conversions putting out around 500bhp! Shame I wasn't around on the Sunday as apparently they have a Fast n Furious style drag meeting where only 700bhp+ need apply!

Next stop was SP Engineering (http://www.sp-power.com) - this place had loads of Supes in (which is their speciality), only really got to look at one which was a NA-T conversion, and some other tidy examples in the car park. In the workshop they also had a Murcielago Convertable and Gallado undergoing $30k exhaust upgrades, a Ford GT having some performance upgrades, a 9sec Civic and their project RX-7 which they've dropped a 2JZ-GTE in to! Pretty serious stuff!

It's good to get back to the Supra, it's new HKS Ti Racing exhaust and manual gear box after having driven a Proton Waja 1.6, a Toyota Corolla 1.8-VVTi and a Ford Mustang convertable, all fairly uninspring to drive but at least the first two had fuel economy!

australia.jpg

china.jpg

mustangusa.jpg

newzealand.jpg

usa.jpg