The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19 inch alloys vs 18 inch alloys

rovervi

i am thinking of putting 19's on my Supra and i was wondering if people with 19's would like to put some pics on so i can see just how nice they look also pics of anyone with 18's so i can see how they compare, also you guys with 19's are they a straight fit no arch rubbing etc.

depends if the cars been dropped!!..

wow the 19's really do look nice but whats this problem people have mentioned with handling, what actually happens?

As you're reducing the size wall of the tyre in order to remain with the same rolling radius, this will in turn reduce the amount of give that tyre will then allow when on a bumpy surface.

basically, you'll end up with a harsher ride and given you'd be going from stock to 19s i think you'd certainly notice the difference.

there's bound to be other ways that it effects the car but i don't really know the details. give Chris Wilson a call and i'm sure he'll be happy to tell you all about it :D

I have 19's and i want 18's, just havent got round to advertising these yet...

i get no rubbing whatsoever, i have eibach springs

[qimg]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/flukey-lukey/supenational9.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/flukey-

lukey/supenational8.jpg[/qimg]

Was this pic taken at modified nationals

give Chris Wilson a call and i'm sure he'll be happy to tell you all about it :D

I wouldnt, as after speaking with him he'll have you removing most things we do to our cars, air box, wheels, coolers etc.......Dont get me wrong Im not knocking CW, in fact my car will be with him shortly, but you have to remember CW is from a different breed to the rest of us....and I know 18" or 19" wheels CW doesnt like..... ;)

I wouldnt, as after speaking with him he'll have you removing most things we do to our cars, air box, wheels, coolers etc.......Dont get me wrong Im not knocking CW, in fact my car will be with him shortly, but you have to remember CW is from a different breed to the rest of us....and I know 18" or 19" wheels CW doesnt like..... ;)

hence the smiley :D ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I have 19''s and yes the ride is a bit harsher but the looks make up for it IMO... I suppose it depends on why you have the car.. To look good or to 'Drive' if you want to 'drive' it stay with 17''

I guess the comprimise is 18'' but 19'' look so good :)

Here, here; if you want something that rides soft, sale the Supra and get a Citron?????????

Very true, this happened to me! He does things properly and doesn't sell you crap you don't need. If I'd known him when I first bought my car I'd have saved myself a few grand in useless parts.

If you want optimum handling, stick to factory 17's. It you want a good compromise between handling, more grip and looks then buy 18's. If you just want looks, buy 19's.