xs power intercoolers?

fat_controller

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys, has anyone got an xspower intercooler, 600x300x100, what sort of power can they handle and are they 4 row?

i know turbo fit do alot of these, do they do a hard pipe and fitting kit? cheers for any info

yes there 4 row. and there fine. gregs car made 853bhp with one of these fitted;)

What is the definition of how many rows an intercooler is said to have? I mean, they don't actually have seperate rows in them do they? Isn't that 100mm thick ones are "4 row" and 75mm thick ones are called "3 row"?

The XS Power and Hybrid Power FMICs are a poor design, there's no argueing about that. Exactly how much worse they perform compared to the big name ones is debatable.

yes there 4 row. and there fine. gregs car made 853bhp with one of these fitted;)
And shortly after it blew up, didn't it?

And shortly after it blew up, didn't it?

What is the definition of how many rows an intercooler is said to have? I mean, they don't actually have seperate rows in them do they?

The XS Power and Hybrid Power FMICs are a poor design, there's no argueing about that. Exactly how much worse they perform compared to the big name ones is debatable.

nope that engine is still going strong... it turned out to be a shattered carbon carbon clutch.

well i got my name down on a greddy 2 row in a group buy for around £310 but that'll take ages to get delivered and the group buy doesn't seem to be coming together anytime soon so i was thinking of an alternative route as i can get 1 of these intercoolers for £130 includeing post. what should i do?

Put it this way... i can afford any intercooler i like but i dont see the point in chucking good money away... ive seen these perform well on a few big power cars now... one is going on mine shortly.

do any of them have first hand experience? or just hear say?... cheap must be shit:D

Possibly not of the 'cheap shit' IC's, but several posting in that thread are extremely experienced engineers so will be able to spot good/bad design a mile away. You only need to look at the core to see the obvious difference between the 'cheap' IC's and premium brands, not to mention the end tank design.

I still maintain that a cheap fmic is going to be better than running a knackered side mount and is a cost effective replacement.

XS power stuff will also 'work' on single's, but it doesn't mean its operating as effeciently as a premium brand. These cost more money for a reason IMO.

When my XS power kit arrives I'll do some comparison shots with my Greddy 3 row. Provided the hard pipe sizes are the same I should be able to do some on the road temp tests pre/post IC. Won't be very scientific, but would be interesting to see, whatever the result.

i don't know what to do now? i'm only gonna be running bpu so it's a choice between the greddy 2 row and the xs performance?

IMO if you're planning on sticking to BPU then any new sidemount or FMIC is going to be better than a knackered stock unit. I don't see any reason for an FMIC at BPU levels apart from looks.

If you're planning on mid-big single later on then best of going for a good fmic now.

I sold a 600x300x100 to a friend of mine a few weeks back (well known guy on here btw!;) and his comments were that the intercooler worked fine but it was not a big power car, so to read between the lines it was good "bang for buck" cooler for what he needed!!

HTH!;)

works just fine on a 850hp+ car and i have personally checked the temps and cant fault