The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pic request: N/a fan shroud

LeeT

Pretty sure its even bigger than the TT one:

Yeah it certainly looks bigger, cheers Darryl.

Any pics of a facelift one anyone? I really dont like the idea of having to cut the shroud, its a bit of a bodge. Its looking like i'll have to get electric fans which i would rather not do either

Lee,

GVN cut Lui's fan shround - very nicely!

Is it just the drivers side vent corner, nearest to the fan shroud causing the problem? How about a small neat hole in the shroud? On mines it's just the pins used for the meshed vent thats dug into the shroud.

Check all the pins on all the meshed vents as sometimes they come loose

what a bastard, that would really piss on my chips

It was actually cracked whilst still at GVN so they will be sorting it no problems but its still a bit of a downer. I had homer witness the crack 1st thing saturday morning just to prove that i hadn't done it.

Lee

In the same boat mate, my vent was catching the shroud. I either lost , bit dangerous, or go eletric fans.

Got the fans from Dusty at MVP, great price and they work just as well as the stock fan, IMHO cause mt temps are the same, even in heavy traffic

Si

Extra money for nothing though which i could really do without at the moment

Lee,

GVN cut Lui's fan shround - very nicely!

Is it just the drivers side vent corner, nearest to the fan shroud causing the problem? How about a small neat hole in the shroud? On mines it's just the pins used for the meshed vent thats dug into the shroud.

Check all the pins on all the meshed vents as sometimes they come loose

Yep driver side vent. Cheers Ro i'll take a look at Lui's engine bay

Lee,

Double check the rubber bonnet stoppers have been adjusted correctly. Also when you shut the bonnet, don't drop the bonnet shut like you can do with the stock. Lower it by hand till it rests on the catches/latches then push down on each catch/latch firmly but not too hard - Make sure you here the distinctive 'clunk' from each latch engaging. I usually double check when I've shut the TS bonnet by trying to lift the bonnet from near the latch corners, near the inner parts of the headlights. Saves you from having to watch your bonnet fly off on the motorway!

Ro

seems strange Lee, my TS bonnet does'nt rub on the shroud, just a tiny bit on the front of the cam cover.

my car should be back at GVN from the jig on friday, you're welcome to check any difference between the two. ( if they've left the bonnet on:) )

John

Yours is probably a genuine TS!

All the Seibon replica TS I have seen have this problem.

Maybe the other replicas don't have this problem?

Mine is a genuine TS,

must be in the 10% difference to make copies legit:)

still might be usefull for Lee to compare the position of the vents

John

Thought so :)

I saw your car a few times at GVN. Hope you get it back soon :)

You weren't tempted by a crazy colour change then? lol.

Yours is a lovely colour anyway - Is it RSP (or RSB??!!)?

Cheers,

Ro

Lee,

Double check the rubber bonnet stoppers have been adjusted correctly. Also when you shut the bonnet, don't drop the bonnet shut like you can do with the stock. Lower it by hand till it rests on the catches/latches then push down on each catch/latch firmly but not too hard - Make sure you here the distinctive 'clunk' from each latch engaging. I usually double check when I've shut the TS bonnet by trying to lift the bonnet from near the latch corners, near the inner parts of the headlights. Saves you from having to watch your bonnet fly off on the motorway!

Ro

Cheers Ro, i do shut the bonnet in this way but as it is catching on the shroud it just bounces back up again and takes quite a few tries to get it to shut. I'm going to cut the shroud later on and leave the bonnet alone untill GVN can take another look at it to avoid any further damage as the cracks will get worse and worse. Also does your bonnet sag to one side like a bag of shit when it is oon the bonnet stay? Mine looks terrible when the bonnet is up. I was almost embarrasssed to put it up at the car show

Cheers Ro, i do shut the bonnet in this way but as it is catching on the shroud it just bounces back up again and takes quite a few tries to get it to shut. I'm going to cut the shroud later on and leave the bonnet alone untill GVN can take another look at it to avoid any further damage as the cracks will get worse and worse. Also does your bonnet sag to one side like a bag of shit when it is oon the bonnet stay? Mine looks terrible when the bonnet is up. I was almost embarrasssed to put it up at the car show

Yes they all (Seibon) sag! I'm sure all Fibre glass and CF do (CF have Fibre glass underneath).

I was looking at getting struts at each side of the bonnet or a bonnet prop for the middle of the bonnet but haven't pursued the idea.

I don't know how much clearance you need Lee.

But i wonder if its possible to have the top section cut off and a little bit removed from it then have it plastic welded back in a little bit shorter.

I am not sure about clearance to the fan or even if the above is possible, just bouncing some ideas around :D