The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rebuilt Engine by MkIV Stores The Results

Max Headroom

Had my NA engine rebuilt by Martin and his team down at MkIV Stores a few weeks back and yesterday went on the Midlands RR day at Weston Performance in Solihull.

Went onto the rollers hoping for as near as stock bhp and did a run that came out at 220BHP at the fly. To say I was chuffed would be an understatement knowing that over time an engine loses BHP but to be back at stock figures in a 12 year old car. The guy doing the testing was impressed by the feel of the engine and how it performed and I had a big smile on my face.

A big thumbs up for Martin from one happy bunny :) :) :)

bhp1.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was probably broken then :p

:innocent:

Nice one. I'm going to be booking my N/A in for a good fettling in a few months. I like the idea of having (essentially) a brand new engine. Does it feel better to drive after the work, any noticeable differences?

The car drives a lot beter now, the power delivery feels a lot smoother and it feels like it accelerates a lot better:)

So just to confirm, is that a rebore, new pistons, main bearings, big ends and possible crank regrind

rebore - Not usually, we only sell NA blocks that make the 86mm Grade.

new pistons - No, Why would you need them unless they are damaged?

main bearings - Of course

big ends - errr No why would you need big ends?

possible crank regrind - Not usually, usually just a polish.

Just to stop any people thinking were ripping people off here. The £950 + Vat is for an off the shelf engine which is ready to go here with 12 months 12k Miles warentee. Remanufacured by us to OEM specs - IE blueprinted.

The work is carried out within 48 hours.

thats a bloody good turnaround there!!!

enging in and fully running in 48 hrs!!!!!

youre boys takeing speed at lunch? lol;)