The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what do you think about this guy talking crap about supras

Guest dee_rz

as title says, i been on this forum for a while it's just a local jap car forum, this guy has a real problem with supras for some reason and is always on my back, he now lives in japan and owns an evo 4 gsr 320ish bhp

http://www.tengoku-racing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4215&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

jealousy hurts i feel, heard it all before but i love my comment and link :D

by the way also 2up is my sister and she's taking the pee and having a laugh with the honda boys on the forum

I like it, the bloke is obviously a complete dick, well done dee. The vid would of been better if the Supra had beaten the GTO, though he did have alot to make up.

i did say look at the times, gto was holding supra up :D but still have to say i was well impressed with the gto :)

He's obviously a cock.

"u would have to drive a serious NA car to understand what tara is talking about. The pull of a NA car is so much more violent, and out of control, as well as a proper tuned NA car has much better response, and transient response as well"

This is mostly bullshit. I'm currently struggling to think of any n/a cars that slammed by guts into my spine for a sustained time- maybe a TVR Cerbera, but that's it (that engine is fragile for it's specific output 85bhp/litre), a 996TT has the same bhp/ton I think, and that really did pin my head to the rest from standstill to 190mph. You need really large displacements for violance without turbo's, which a Honda doesn't have.

Response? This guy is obviously in the Sierra Cossie/Esprit Turbo school of thought, so maybe he's stuck a turbo too big for it's job description on his EVO? Having driven a Tuscan back to back against my modified MR2T, & Supra back to back against an M3, T350C & Tamora I can tell you there is no issue with responsiveness of my turbo cars.

"hh and there is that little...AWD. thats nice too. Nothing like dropping the clutch at 6k and throwing u in the seat."

This is a valid point, it's a rush, but something has to give and a clutch costs more than tyres, a diff is a small fortune, a gearbox a large one. There's nothing like dropping the clutch at 6k and having the gearbox land in your lap....

"a supra? yuck. why not pick something better? Honestly. the NA supra. because it will be faster. boosted bhp VS NA bhp generally the boosted car has to make 10-15% more power to run the same quarter mile times. "

I don't get this. I'm no engineer, Migster might be better at this: A 400bhp Supe would have 400lbs/ft, but an N/A version would have significantly less torque- say 300lbs/ft for argument sake. Now torque is power, bhp is the rate of work, so surely if engine A is moving a large load as fast as engine B moves a small one, wouldn't engine A have done more work for a given time so it a faster unit?

Where is he getting the 10-15% power increase needed for the turbo'd car from? It's not like turbo's are a drain on gross power like a supercharger is, which saps 20% of the power made.

He's obviously a cock.

"u would have to drive a serious NA car to understand what tara is talking about. The pull of a NA car is so much more violent, and out of control, as well as a proper tuned NA car has much better response, and transient response as well"

This is mostly bullshit. I'm currently struggling to think of any n/a cars that slammed by guts into my spine for a sustained time- maybe a TVR Cerbera, but that's it (that engine is fragile for it's specific output 85bhp/litre), a 996TT has the same bhp/ton I think, and that really did pin my head to the rest from standstill to 190mph. You need really large displacements for violance without turbo's, which a Honda doesn't have.

Response? This guy is obviously in the Sierra Cossie/Esprit Turbo school of thought, so maybe he's stuck a turbo too big for it's job description on his EVO? Having driven a Tuscan back to back against my modified MR2T, & Supra back to back against an M3, T350C & Tamora I can tell you there is no issue with responsiveness of my turbo cars.

"hh and there is that little...AWD. thats nice too. Nothing like dropping the clutch at 6k and throwing u in the seat."

This is a valid point, it's a rush, but something has to give and a clutch costs more than tyres, a diff is a small fortune, a gearbox a large one. There's nothing like dropping the clutch at 6k and having the gearbox land in your lap....

"a supra? yuck. why not pick something better? Honestly. the NA supra. because it will be faster. boosted bhp VS NA bhp generally the boosted car has to make 10-15% more power to run the same quarter mile times. "

I don't get this. I'm no engineer, Migster might be better at this: A 400bhp Supe would have 400lbs/ft, but an N/A version would have significantly less torque- say 300lbs/ft for argument sake. Now torque is power, bhp is the rate of work, so surely if engine A is moving a large load as fast as engine B moves a small one, wouldn't engine A have done more work for a given time so it a faster unit?

Where is he getting the 10-15% power increase needed for the turbo'd car from? It's not like turbo's are a drain on gross power like a supercharger is, which saps 20% of the power made.

couldn't have put it better :)

I think

He's obviously a cock.

You've answered your own question.

-Ian