The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap Performance Sunday ... CRAP

blitz supra

You didn't miss anything, what a waste of petrol ..

Saw a few guys off here, think there was about 7x us Supras,

When we got there it was a feild sharing with a VW Show,

and the vw show was 5x times bigger than the Jap side.

I think Jap Performance mag should stick to what they do best.. the Mag side of things, this reminds me of the show they did down at the Race course in Surrey near Cobham last year, that too was awful,

We did todays show in about 35 mins then drove home

Roll on next week for Japfest and the Pod a fortnight later

I disagree. We were there all day and had a very nice time. I think maybe you approached the day with the wrong attitude - you need to come in, spend some time chilling out, sit in the sun, chat to a few people beyond your own club...It's a different style of event from Trax (for example).

You should have come to the Modded show in Kent on Saturday - loads of cars, action, show-girls...probably more what you were hoping for.

I disagree. We were there all day and had a very nice time. I think maybe you approached the day with the wrong attitude - you need to come in, spend some time chilling out, sit in the sun, chat to a few people beyond your own club...It's a different style of event from Trax (for example).

You should have come to the Modded show in Kent on Saturday - loads of cars, action, show-girls...probably more what you were hoping for.

Just got back from the Kent Modded show - bloody good crack - they even had a short strip set up (18th mile) with times :) :)

Had a great day too, thought is wasn't a bad event, just not a lot going - its what you make of it :)

Bltiz-supra, you should have come and said hello.

Lee, nice one for winning the best of show (as Jamie said elseware, it was easily the nicest car there) - not bad considering you didn't even enter the show and shine :D

Jamie, well done for killing the engine :D Not surprised though, it was blowing a LOT of oil when we did the db test!

Also, met a new Supra owner (Miles) who should be showing up on the forum soon.

God you guys are very easily pleased...

Having been into the Jap scene now for close on 7 years as meets go that was shite..sorry

Why was there a £10.00 fee ? for what???

To see a handful of cars

You had to drive over a huge bumpy muddy patch of grass and the rest were bloody Vw's

even the Scoobie boys were not there in force doing the usual Hijack ... it must have been bad!!

If you want to experience a real chilled meet guys I hope to see you all at Bolney 2007..

Been doing that now for last 5 years and its great and its free

Ace Cafe is something different ( I have done that now since the first night about 4 years its now been running )

The JP show was the same rubbish they did at Sandown Park ( many will agree) stick to the great mag guys ...

BUT IF YOU ENJOYED YOURSELF THATS GREAT

Wish the missus was that easily pleased ... LOL

It has nothing to do with the large shows or Trax etc, It s the little meets which are the Social events, and i thought this was useless

Anyway a good few weekends etc in the next fortnight

1. Japfest 2 Sat 30th Sept

2. Ace Cafe Tues 3rd Oct

3. Japshow Santa Pod and Convoy

Sunday 8th Oct

I hope to film the Convoy from Toddington up to the Pod and the days events,

I have a program now that allows me to create my own movies with titles / music etc and the convert from the AVI format from the Camcorder onto DVD so you can watch on the telly

Why was there a £10.00 fee ? for what???

To see a handful of cars

even the Scoobie boys were not there in force doing the usual Hijack ... it must have been bad!!

So you don't think that 40% of the cars being Scoobs is an 'in force' hijack'? Just be happy it wasn't an offical SIDC day, or an ESC 'Pink Shirt' day, then it would have been more like 80% Scoobs and you could have moaned about that instead.

And what did you think was going to be there, if not cars?

I think you're just bitter about spending £10, so you keep going to your free shows in car parks, and getting hassle for blocking the roads at Bolney. We'll enjoy the benefts of organisation, sponsorship, sunshine and open space in the countryside.

As a Supra meet, it was good to chat with fellow members.

But form an organised show point of view it was utter rubbish, I went to it last year when it was being held at Sandown Park and all three of us felt used after paing £12 to get in. So £5 was a big improvment, plus it was less than 2 miles from my house.

I just think its a shame that they moved it from Hickstead, far better venue, and one of the only shows i could get to without a major hike.

At least Hickstead was a proper show,

But even that was a little ... mmm

Depends how old you are and if you "are new to the Jap scene and still wide eyes open with your first Jap car" .

But to be honest if you've been doing this for as long as most of us you spot a good show and a shite show,

This was crap, Nothing to do with money but think about it

Santa Pod is £15 for all that action...

Sorry what was at Reading apart from a handful of cars a VW Club ...

I will happily pay.............. but not for that,

Sorry where are all these people coming from that were supposed to be have been there,

Cos when i was there late morning there were a handful of Supes and alot of Skylines, what did everyone suddenly appear out of the bushes ???

You couldn't have missed me surely? I wasn't expecting much, thats why i wasn't dissappointed. I just used it as an excuse to meet a few club members and its better than sat on your arse at home doing fook all. I enjoyed having a chat and a bit of a laugh.

So you don't think that 40% of the cars being Scoobs is an 'in force' hijack'? Just be happy it wasn't an offical SIDC day, or an ESC 'Pink Shirt' day, then it would have been more like 80% Scoobs and you could have moaned about that instead.

And what did you think was going to be there, if not cars?

I think you're just bitter about spending £10, so you keep going to your free shows in car parks, and getting hassle for blocking the roads at Bolney. We'll enjoy the benefts of organisation, sponsorship, sunshine and open space in the countryside.

Bolney is an organised event and has history,,, try doing your research ,

I don't know ? for all I know most are the "new to the scene Jap enthiuast " who thinks 10 cars is a meet and his first Jap car is a TT and that qualifies them to be an expert on everything Jap

When you've been doing it as long as most of us then we'll listen

You mention organisation ..

what organisation

What sponsorship

It was a crappy little meet in a muddy feild with VW's

JAE , Japfest, etc etc they are the proper meets with Sponsorship

Regarding Scoobies,, Boring mate... they hijack most shows and you just get rows and rows of the same thing, Almost Jap Mondeo man

Great sound though .. usually followed by a big bang as they don't spend their money on the right mapping just making them loud and all the same seems to be the No 1 Rule

I like Soobies, just a shame there are so many of the damn things, its taken away the appeal

I don't need to justify my opinion of this show, It was as bad or even worse than the Sandown Park event last year,

JP you do a superb mag... just stay doing that..

You mention carparks that are free

They are the best meets to name a few

Boxhill , Ace Cafe( now in its 5th year) Bolney Vilage (now in its 5th year)

I'm not bitter , I just know a good meet

So you carry on paying for these types of shite meets and we'll continue going to the good ones

The good meets are free as its about us and our cars

NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY

You pay for the shows because you get a whole day / weekend of Action

Reading gave you nothing,, who is the mug ?? not JP

You couldn't have missed me surely? I wasn't expecting much, thats why i wasn't dissappointed. I just used it as an excuse to meet a few club members and its better than sat on your arse at home doing fook all. I enjoyed having a chat and a bit of a laugh.

Saw your Supe there, Looked superb , even if it did get covered in crap as you had to park in a muddy feild with humps the size of mountains

Blimey you like a rant... i enjoyed myself chating to mates.. better than sitting at home.

:rlol:

:p :p :p

Sure do..:innocent:

but perhaps you expect more when you've been in this scene for years,

Bolney etc are the good ones, Nothing do to with the money

Comments on other forums back up this was not good,

Can't beleive people thought this was good.. :thumbdown:

Nothing personal guys,