The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is happening with the sup prices ??

supraaaaaaaaaa

there seem a lot for sale at the moment, and the prices seem to be dropping badly is it a seasonal thing ?

or are supras just not holding there value well at all, i am about 8-10 weeks of ordering one of jurgen and am getting more nervous daily by the huge ammount that seem to be going for silly low prices !!

is it nothing to worry about ??

do you think its just the sudden flux of them available due to so many imports comming in, i dont want to drop 10k plus into a car that wil not hold a steadyish value if you know what i mean, even vauxhaulls tend to devalue at a given rate

i know money will be lost but they just seem fast at the moment, there does seem to be loads for sale and not many on the roads though, maybe its that they are cheaper now and young drivers cant afford to run them ???

On the other hand, there's so little money in it for importers now they seem to be slowing down the number of new imports consdierable. Most of the new imports I've seen in recent months are mid/high spec motors, not cheap tat.

There's also so many NA's around now, when I was looking for a supra 3 years ago NA's were not that common at all. The price will drop some more but there is a limit. The TT's will begin getting rarer over the next few years IMO, so many are getting written off its unreal!

It isn't sensasian, when u do eventually get yours one night you'll be crusin about with your pride and joy then next thing u know you'll see one coming the other way with 4 neds in it then turn the corner and they'll be another 3 soops in McDee's car park all full of neds in them.

Tis is not good.... [sAD][/sAD]

Its all my fault!!! I bought an RX8 when they first came out and it was said in all the mags etc that i read that they will hold there value well and guess what they fell on there arses because so many people bought them and i lost about 10k on it in 2years. I swapped it for a TT and now the prices of these are dropping to! Think im cursed :cry:

Its all my fault!!! I bought an RX8 when they first came out and it was said in all the mags etc that i read that they will hold there value well and guess what they fell on there arses because so many people bought them and i lost about 10k on it in 2years. I swapped it for a TT and now the prices of these are dropping to! Think im cursed :cry:

The missus is on her 2nd RX8

Bought the first one May 2004 ( took 6 mths to be delivered)

Paid £23k

Sold it back to Mazda dealer as px on another one Jan 2006

he gave us back £18500 so not bad a loss in 18 mths

RX8's are on ebay but the idiots keep trying to sell them as 1300cc

A few imports have been on their too ,And those muppets are even worse

Wasting your time buying an import RX8 , Worth same money , but you don't always get the leather ,

But the cheap ones on there all have 40k+ miles on... jesus

We had ours 18mths and it only covered 10900miles

Brillaint car, Quite expect her to get a third one

Prodrive version... tosh and waste of money a few dress up parts that doesn't justify tthe price hike as no power difference and the other special eddtion models same again

Just buy the 231ps with leather... job done

there seem a lot for sale at the moment, and the prices seem to be dropping badly is it a seasonal thing ?

or are supras just not holding there value well at all, i am about 8-10 weeks of ordering one of jurgen and am getting more nervous daily by the huge ammount that seem to be going for silly low prices !!

is it nothing to worry about ??

Like anything they are getting old, not rocket science

Don't get me wrong but:

Lets face it TT Supra £10k+ for a 10+ year old car with a fair few miles, COME ON GUYS You've got to be an enthuiast,

They are not prestigious or even classic cars like Porches etc, at the end of the day they are a performance Toyota.

You find the same thing with Skylines etc,

The R34 commands silly money and you see some silly prices for the R33 GTR

But generally look at the market

Skyline GTST ( Which with grade 1 upgrades will see you 320 bhp and with a little more cash 400bhp) are selling anything from £4500

Our cars are getting older so the prices will plummet,

I only buy imports from Japan , i don't care they are 10 years old as you get the low miles and mint condition and a low price and something interesting

Trouble is soon what will we buying in the coming years as the modern Jap stuff has moved on from the Supras / Skylines / FTO etc etc , its all little hatchbacks and no Turbos or anything

Soon we'll all be driving 15 - 20 yr old supras worth a £1000

food for thought..

The missus is on her 2nd RX8

Bought the first one May 2004 paid £23k

Sold it back to Mazda dealer as px on another one Jan 2006

he gave us back £18500 so not bad a loss in 18 mths

can i ask why you would get rid of a 10K mile 18month old car for a new one of the same type?

it doesn't make any sort of sense does it? or is it just me....:)

can i ask why you would get rid of a 10K mile 18month old car for a new one of the same type?

it doesn't make any sort of sense does it? or is it just me....:)

It was black (looked amazing)

but a total Nightmare to keep clean, got fed up with 1.5 hr washes and poolishes every Sunday morning

and we didn't want to lose to much money on it and have to start again,

So bought the beautiful Winning blue model... lovely and only a wash and leather 15 mins

Brilliant car reckon she'll buy another

For the same money you'd get what?? a crappy vectra or Mondeo

Now the RX8 is something unique

With the exception of no cruise control and a boot release button in the wrong place

You know what? it ticks all the boxes, I cannot fault the car on anything. nothing

Blitz Supra, good observations but you miss one point: Supply and demand.

If supply is small, prices are higher - you ony need to look back 2-3 years to see this. The 93 models were still old cars back then, they're still old now, whats changed is the supply. 3 years ago you could lok on ebay or the trader and see maybe 3-4 TT's total for sale, obviously its a different story these days. It the same reason we can pick up NA's for less than £2k now (if you know where to look)

Blitz Supra, good observations but you miss one point: Supply and demand.

If supply is small, prices are higher - you ony need to look back 2-3 years to see this. The 93 models were still old cars back then, they're still old now, whats changed is the supply. 3 years ago you could lok on ebay or the trader and see maybe 3-4 TT's total for sale, obviously its a different story these days. It the same reason we can pick up NA's for less than £2k now (if you know where to look)

NA for less than 2k mmm that has to be seen , Anything under 4k is not worth looking at

I looked at 12 before i bought mine for £6700 in May 2005

The TT may well hold its money as its a bit of an icon ( although hugely over estimated in standard form)

And with the Yanks willing to pay upto $90.000 dollars ship them over and convert to LHD that will help matters

In Japan though they are getting rarer to find as my mate has just come back from buying more stock and seeing his buyer.

Once supply dries up the TT will hold its own but there will be a ceiling price , they are not a prestigous car, the Supra is a Performance Toyota,

This is what killed the Honda NSX , Better car than its Ferrari brother but had a Honda badge

dont get me wrong guys,

I'm not knocking the NA or TT Supras,

These are just honest observations as to why our cars will get cheaper and cheaper, End of the day they are getting old

Its an enthuiasts market in a nut shell and what we are prepared to pay.

The import market will get cheaper won't it as all the cars we love and buy are now nearly all between 5 - 10 yrs old 12 in some cases.

NA for less than 2k mmm thathas to be seen , Anything under 4k is not worth looking at

Trader auctions mate, seen a couple go for less than £2k. Not saying they're any good mind you!

Just to add - There's no way I'd own a Supra if the NA was the only model produced. TT's are worth paying double or triple money for