The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yum Yum

Supra ST Myster

For the time being i have gone for a T61

Just one thing, arnt the turbos suppose to have a nipple on them to connect to the wastegate, or can i use any vacum line for that..

Also the oil feed and return mounting positions, can they be horizontal rather than vertical (oil feed at the top and oil return at the bottom)? Reason i ask is that i have to turn the housing around so i can run a pipe to the intercooler, but at that position the oil flanges will be at the sides? As it will be mounted to the manifold like in pic 3.

make sense?

For the time being i have gone for a T61

Just one thing, arnt the turbos suppose to have a nipple on them to connect to the wastegate, or can i use any vacum line for that..

Also the oil feed and return mounting positions, can they be horizontal rather than vertical (oil feed at the top and oil return at the bottom)? Reason i ask is that i have to turn the housing around so i can run a pipe to the intercooler, but at that position the oil flanges will be at the sides? As it will be mounted to the manifold like in pic 3.

make sense?

You need to rotate the compressor housing not the center cartridge. The oil feed must be as vertical as possible. You can drill and tap the compressor housing to add a vac source

so just to make sure, the only bit i should be rotating is the silver housing in the pic? as the turbo is being mounted just like pic 3 as its mounted on the side and not the top, can i rotage the dark side housing aswell?

can i use a vac line from the other side? or is it best to get it from the turbo?

Generally you can only easily rotate the compressor outlet - the silver die cast ally bit. It's called "clocking". The exhaust housing can be harder as the bolts will interfere with the centre cartridge if you clock it in certain places. By the look of it, though, you should easily be able to get that around 90deg. Get your oil drain as vertical as possible, as already mentioned by others.

-Ian

Well...

I finished my install today, will post some pics up soon,

very pleased that i did it all myself, although thanks goes out to Greg at Turbo Fit for some valuble advise, took it out for a spin tonight and the sound of the single and external wastegate is awsome!! At the moment just boosting around 0.8/0.9 as not touched the fueling yet, keep staring at it and thinking yeah i did that lol (sad git) the lag is pretty much the same as when i switch to ETTC and i used that most of the time, so see you at Japfest this weekend :D :d

ok, here are some pics,

1st one was before

I am currently venting the idle line and the cam breather line as wont be able to get the nipples done in the air intake pipe before this weekend, so once done i am changing it over.

enjoy, as i am lol

ps please excuse the two tone colours of the rubber tubes from the turbo to the intercooler, again waiting for a one piece pipe to be made.

5.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

:thumbs:

Where did you get the intake pipe from? Were there any problems with clearance on the water elbow?

Darryl, Emins turbo is sitting higher than mine. If thats the case with yours then we can get over the waterneck problem easily enough