The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im fed up with people agreeing to buy stuff.......

JohnK

and not following through.

Reading PM's but not replying.

Not having the decency to say they have changed their minds.

Or coming up with piss poor delaying excuses then going silent.

I have experienced much of the same (not replying to e-mails etc.) from Traders and Forum members alike since returning to Supra ownership a couple of months ago.

I guess business must be so good they can't be bothered with the likes of me.

No problem, there are plenty of other places that are happy to take my money and provide a quick, courteous and professional service.

It's not really a big issue but it's annoying as it delays things unnecassarily.

i can sympathise here John been there done that and now wear the MVP tee shirt, it made me laugh a while back when one of the said same traders i had problems with then started potificating about people buying stuff from the states

I remember asking a UK based trader why the part I wanted was the same figure as in the states with just the $ sign changed for a £ sign. They came back laughing at me asking what do I expect. After that I bought said item for close to 50% what they wanted for it from the states, I got what I wanted, so who is it that loses? :search:

was tempted to add my tuppence worth in a big detailed post but the words "pot", "kettle" and "black" seem to spring to mind, regarding a set of door cards

This is my first contrversial post on here

Those that know of me will now I am a relatively quiet individual, prone to incomprehensable outbursts

Its not my fault John Jameson made me do it

John

I have also had problems with a trader on here ignoring my PM's, rather annoying! I gave up in the end, and I'll never bother with him again!

I hope this wasn't me James, I've been getting a bit swamped with requests recently and may have missed some.

was tempted to add my tuppence worth in a big detailed post but the words "pot", "kettle" and "black" seem to spring to mind, regarding a set of door cards

This is my first contrversial post on here

Those that know of me will now I am a relatively quiet individual, prone to incomprehensable outbursts

Its not my fault John Jameson made me do it

John

The comunnication went silent on these, I waited for ages for youre reply and in the meantime someone came up with the cash.

Yes you did enquire first and I did go to the trouble of phoneing round to get a price for shipping to Ireland but then it all went quiet. At no point did you say 100% you would have them and at no point did I say I was holding them for you to make up your mind.

IIRC this went on for over a month.

In this instance I am refering to people that have agreed a price and said they will (100%, no doubt) have items, ask how to pay ect. and then stop comunicating, even when I PM them and it shows as read.

And I thought all of this shit was just happening to me guys. Certain traders must be very wealthy people as some of them simply can't be arsed!!!!!!!

If you're going to provide a service then provide a service I say! Perhaps it's time we allowed a greater trader base to join this club as it may give the consumer better support!

2 of these people are traders on here.

I have also had problems with a trader on here ignoring my PM's, rather annoying! I gave up in the end, and I'll never bother with him again!

I guess business must be so good they can't be bothered with the likes of me.

I had problems with a trader ignoring my emails and pms because they were busy then finally got some replies and it all seemed a bit dodgy needless to say i left it and wont be buying from them EVER.

And I thought all of this shit was just happening to me guys. Certain traders must be very wealthy people as some of them simply can't be arsed!!!!!!!

If you're going to provide a service then provide a service I say! Perhaps it's time we allowed a greater trader base to join this club as it may give the consumer better support!

sounds like a good idea

I like to think that i answer all pm's and e mails that i receive.

As a trader i have had the same thing happen, a few customers agree to buy things and suddenly ignore my pm's when it comes to payment time it is very frustrating and i can understand the need to vent it but thats life isn't it ?

You choose to not deal with these people again or ensure that you state the parts are Sold pending payment meaning you can still take enquiries / offers on the parts till the money is in your hands.

I think this is one of the problems with a bidding type sale you have no idea if your offer is the highest and don't always get told this either.

With regard to PM's i rarely answer them, as I can't effectively collate them or store them as i would like, but this is made clear in my sig. I reply to as many e-mails as I can, but I am reliably reached at any reasonable hour by phone :) An in depth reply by e-mail, to a short but tricky question, could tie up 20 minutes of my time, yet a more detailed and effective interchange for both parties, by phone, might take 5 minutes. It's for this reason the phone is still king, IMO.