The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Painted, Polished and new Parts..!

_Rob_

Well ive finally got my car back on the road.. ill briefly run through my last 2 and a half months!

My car and 25 others on our street got keyed one night. i was absolutly devostated, decided to go through the insurance as i really couldnt afford a couple of grand for a respray at that time! after a couple of weeks dicking about with insurance and putting standard wheels on, in she went. she was painted at Liston Autobodies in Harwood, Bolton. about 5 weeks later, out she came, shiny and new!

i promptly got her home and stripped the front end down to replace the rad, which had a f00k off hole in it, and fit a new FMIC and tranny cooler. took me a while to do this as i ended up waiting a few days for some aluminium to make some brackets for the mounting of the tranny cooler.. the rad and tranny cooler are fluidyne and the FMIC is a greddy 3 row, all at a good price from MKIVstore.

shes now back together, my wheels back on and drivable. damn, she pulls! the new intercooler seems to have shifted the powerband up ever so slightly, but pulls harder to the end of the rev range now. only gripe at them moment that ive got a bit of an air lock in the cooling system somewhere, just been trying to sort that but it started pissing it down, so gave up for the time being!

ooh, and i got rid of my orange blobs too! what do we think?

DSC00181 (Medium).JPG

DSC00180 (Medium).JPG

DSC00179 (Medium).JPG

DSC00178 (Medium).JPG

DSC00177 (Medium).JPG

Guru, the bodyshop was great, took a bit longer than they first said but i didnt really mind! theres a couple of slight imperfections ive noticed but theyve said theyll sort them if i being the car back down, so got that to do shortly! as i said the nsurance paid for most of it, it was 1900 quid all together.

thanks for the comments guys! im chuffed to bits with her!