The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GreenLight Insurance

Ric

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but in law at collage we learned in the consumer credit act

somthing this significant must be explained verbally at the start of the contract ie. on the phone thus ive asked for a copy of the recording (which i hope they have or the entire thing is worth shit anyway) as its a binding contract which both members must have a copy of as nothing about a "loan" was mentioned to me.

I have always paid monthly and have never had a problem changing cars, obviously if the new car is more to insure payment goes up, and if it is less to insure it goes down, when i changed from my n/a supra to aristo tt sky did a straight swap with nothing to pay as they are in same insurance group(ah the advantage of not looking like a sports car), this company sound like a bunch of shisters

yes as stated i would have stay with greenlight if they could have quoted me on the supra but just refused point blank, so i had to go elsewhere.

You should have gone to Elephant.co.uk

I pay £275 + tax Fully comp protected for my NA and the wife has just gone back to them after 2 years away with Esure

Her premium for her new RX8 231 is £115 cheaper at Elephant than esure

Strangley when i changed from my FTO to my Supra back in May 2005 the Supra was £156.00 cheaper to insure than my FTO,

and to insure a TT Supra for me was only £8 a year more than the FTO ... work that out...

I've been with Elephant for years, they love imports and so far all the people i've suggested getting a quote there have all made savings of approx £100 per year,

Things like mods (Alloys etc) they are not bothered about

I had my 306 XSI insured through Highway on the same sort of policy. I then bought a 306 S16 which Highway would not cover?? I tried to cancel my policy to be told that I still had to pay them £250 due to "cancellation Charges" even though I was only 2 months away from the end of the year on a £700 policy.

I ended up just leaving the policy running, which worked out cheaper and gave me an extra year of no claims.:)

Some of these cheap policies end up biting you in the end!

I have been with Asda insurance since and haven't looked back, always a very competetive quote and never a problem when I change my car!

• 9 months later...

Dear Ric,

Having been recommended to contact mkivsupra.net by members that have used our services in the past with a view to enacting a members discount scheme that can be added to your panel, I proceeded to search for any comments about greenlight - at which point I found your DO NOT USE GREENLIGHT post.

As the Senior Partner at Greenlight I always look to maintain a good image and ensure that customers are treated fairly, thus wish to investigate your comments further.

Greenlight were established in 1996 to purely cater for the performance/modified vehicle enthusiast, our staff are comprised of people who own/drive performance/modified cars and we have a good technical knowledge of vehicles & modifications.

Benefit wise, we offer like-for-like replacement of modified parts, agreed value & track cover are also both options.

With regard to premium finance (the reason for this topic), in the same way that Adrian flux, sky, AA, Elephant/Admiral/Bell and pretty much every other Insurance broker/provider does, if the Underwriter in question does not have a direct debit option and our customer requires instalments we have to source finance from a premium finance company.

This option, along with the interest charges/instalment amounts are always confirmed via the telephone when arranging the policy, you also receive a finance application with ALL details reiterated and figures clearly explained. In addition the respective finance company also sends a welcome pack with full details enclosed.

Both the finance application and the welcome pack offer a 14 day cancellation option for individuals who change their mind with regard to the finance.

Naturally there are always two sides to every story, we have heard one side and clearly we would appreciate the opportunity to investigate and respond.

I'm sorry that you experienced difficulties with your policy and like you we do not like to part company with our customers unnecessarily (especially by Underwriters not covering new vehicles etc.)

Your actual name/postcode would save time in tracing your policy and I would appreciate your details by return.

Many thanks

Tony Fehily

Senior Partner