The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supercharger

Guest SMD_DUH

Hi there

I'm looking for some advice, I have taken my mk4 supra off the the road to make it my project car, while I run around in a 1.6 Mitsubishi Carisma :( . The Supra is an N/A and looking for any helpful comments on what to do with it e.g supercharger, chip, NOS also looking for good idea's for bodywork and sound system or any info to make my baby the DADDY, Any advice along the way would be a great help.

Thanks very much for taking the time to read my message and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Stevie

I have been looking for info on supercharging the supe, or even making it a nasty double induction (twin charged?? - no idea on terminology) - mechanism. I have heard tell of (but seen no facts/figures) on supercharged originally NA supes. If you can live with dropping out the air con, apparently this is infinitely doable. I would be interested in any details if anyone has any myself ;)

I myself am attempting to go the NA-T (or possibly GTE lump drop in depending on an up and coming prospect) - route ;)

Usually for a straight NA, people recommend fuel system upgrade (pump, filter, regulator, rail, injectors), induction and exhaust (decat + aftermarket), cam gears and maybe an AFC (air/fuel computer - Apexi AFC I/II/Neo) + a nitrous system for best bang per buck power.

Fuel system isn't *so* important on an NA unless you plan on ramming huge amounts of nitrous through your system, or plan on going forced induction in the future.

So many toys, so little time. Most people will tell you - if you have an NA and want power, sell NA and go TT. They may be right, but it all depends on budgetry requirements and your love for the car itself.

I am still a noob though, so that is my excited stunted and blinkered view of the supe upgrade route at this stage ;)

There are off the shelf bolt on supercharger kits available for the Lexus IS300, which uses a VVTi version of the 2JZGE engine.

The problem with the majority of NA Supra's is that they use the non-VVTi 2JZGE engine which has the distributor located where the supercharger sits. So you would need to somehow remove the distributor and convert to electronic ignition, to be able to fit one of these kits.

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/supercharger.php

http://www.prolexperformance.com/prolexperformance/asp/product.asp?id=1

http://www.prolexperformance.com/prolexperformance/asp/product.asp?id=2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a supercharger on my Lexus GS300. Although it works, it didnt make as much power as I had expected. Was limited to about 290rwhp & around 8lbs. The supercharger would definately blow up if i raised it any higher. So i sold it to my buddy and pulling my 2jz-ge vvti out for a 2jz-gte VVTI aristo.