The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who to trust to fit tyres?

merckx

Just got my wheels , Volk GTC's 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5 :)

Got them from Dusty at MVP, highly recommended.

Any recommendations for someone in the North East to get the tyres fitted?

I don't mind travelling a liitle way.

Obviously I want a good price but just as important I need someone who won't scratch them either and will fit them with care.

With the Volks the tyres should be fitted from the rear only with the front face downwards , can most places do this okay?

Thanks

I just got my tyres fitted and wheels balanced today at C&S Tyres in Middlesbrough. I nearly fell over when he said it would cost £40 to do all 4, however after wanding around every other tyre place I could find nearby, I discovered no one else willing to do it for less than £80 :(

Anyway they were being very careful with the wheels making sure not to scratch them etc, all seemed like nice guys too. Can't see the fitting the tyre from the rear being a problem, however thats not how mine were done, so I'd ask about that.

Merckx, I had the same problem. Lucky a family member owns a tyre garage near me, no good where you live but I'll be pleased to hear that fitting the tyres from the back were no problem. Just make sure they use something to protect the rims when they put it on the machine as the plastic rubbers are usually well worn!

Merckx, I had the same problem. Lucky a family member owns a tyre garage near me, no good where you live but I'll be pleased to hear that fitting the tyres from the back were no problem. Just make sure they use something to protect the rims when they put it on the machine as the plastic rubbers are usually well worn!

I was thinking about taking some of the cardboard packaging , it's a little worrying when you've spent a fair bit of cash on them.

I was thinking about taking some of the cardboard packaging , it's a little worrying when you've spent a fair bit of cash on them.

Not sure how well that'll work. When they done my front one's they used a thick material which got caught in between the rim and side wall. This ripped off when they pulled it out and was a PITA to get out. When they done the rears they used a cloth and just doubled it up. This was fine and believe me I was more than anal about how they handled them ;)

Not sure how well that'll work. When they done my front one's they used a thick material which got caught in between the rim and side wall. This ripped off when they pulled it out and was a PITA to get out. When they done the rears they used a cloth and just doubled it up. This was fine and believe me I was more than anal about how they handled them ;)

Having nightmares already!:blink:

I thought about going to the local Aston/Porsche dealer and asking them who they use, I don't expect them to be cheap though.

I might get a price from Ibrar on here, a long way to travel but it shouldn't cost much diesel. Probably worth it when I think how much I paid for the wheels, definately dob't want a cowboy fitting them. :)

Don't know where you are but I can reccomend Ibrar (you'll find him in the traders section, he's in Birmingham, top bloke.

Agree with Kip, i ONLY let Ibrar fit tyres to my wheels (and he hates doing it!) but he is a sound fella

I live near Newcastle but with my Dads Mondeo he gets 50 mpg.

I'm sure it will be worthwhile for peace of mind. :)