The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Half Cut

Guest CoolsBlue

Guest CoolsBlue

Hi, Anyone Got A Front Half Cut Of A Supra Without The Engine? Missing Parts Ok To...would Consider A Back Cut To...anyone Out There Who Can Get Me One Or Know Where?

Guest CoolsBlue

...u duno what a half cut is??? well do a search on google....japanese car half cuts and you will find out...ud think the term HALF CUT would of made it obvious to u....

Half cut... usually something *I* am late on a friday evening ;) - also sounds like something a Rabbi with a nervous shake might do :blink: ... to be honest I hadn't heard the term until I went and googled as you said heh ;) Wasn't clear until about the 5th place I visited (still not 100% sure) - but it seems to refer to a car that someone is breaking - and the front/back is a slightly more specific way of saying you aer after engine bits, or body bits from a damaged breaker car. Not *that* obvious if you don't know the term ;)

Guest CoolsBlue

let me make this clear-er...basically half cut is a car that has been cut in 2 parts front and back...common in japan...obviously not in england :p....but i want a front cut...basically a front half of a supra...eg..a supra that had a hard hit in the back...and the front was removed...

...u duno what a half cut is??? well do a search on google....japanese car half cuts and you will find out...ud think the term HALF CUT would of made it obvious to u....
Yes that's right, I don't know what a half cut is.

What does 'ud' mean?

Sorry, I must brush up on my chav-speak before coming on here again in the evening.

I have to say the answer that was given back to Jake after being asked whats " HALF CUT " was not really the best to get much help i don't think. It would have been easier to just explain what it means so every one that looks at the thread wouldnt have to go and look it up. Most people will think "Half Cut" would mean drunk a sdavies said. Just thought id point it out :)

Oh, I forgot to say - possibly a slightly better forum for asking for bits and pieces will be the: Parts Wanted bit. Not everyone reads the general chat/supra chat forums for this kind of thing, some people who may be more likely of use to you lurk there.

Edit: lol Jake, just as I was posting ;)

Guest CoolsBlue

Thanks Alan.

...and perhaps if he'd posted it IN THE RIGHT FUCKING FORUM people would have guessed he was looking for Supra parts.

uh oh...did you really need to swear? or are you just trying to show off? there are civilised people on the forum.

...i should of posted it in wanted...

And theres me thinking it was called a front or rear " clip". :D

Very common in Japan so it might be worth talking to a few importers to get what you want or even someone like Jezzybabes on here might be able to help with a clip. But I will be honest most Clips do come with the engine in their entiry as that seems to be the practice.

Looks like there was a bit of attitude on both sides.

Suprascool, if you had posted in the right section in the first place and made it clear from the outset what you wanted, then perhaps you might not have created the responses you received.

Saying to members "well google it" doesn't help when its you that is after something. Why should a member try to help you, when you come out with a reply like that.

Jake, you should know better.

Right this one is locked, Suprascool perhaps you would like to start a thread in the right section, and say what you mean in terms that everyone would understand from the outset.

Thanks