The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shell V Power

Jonty

There seems to be alot of interest in Shells new improved formula as I work with the Shell Fuels Group at Stanlow where V Power is made, I asked the V Power team if they would give me the Shell Web site reference - here it is.....

Clearly they will not provide the secret formula - bit like Coke - however hope it answers a few questions. Great fuel and a mega invesmtment in R&D to pull off - F1 expertise defo transfered into street fuel for us :) mkae your own minds up !

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=uk-en&FC2=/uk-en/tailored/shell_for_motorists/fuels/vpower_p/zzz_lhn.html&FC3=/uk-en/tailored/shell_for_motorists/fuels/vpower_p/introduction.html

Defo formulation upgrade to the ad pack. Be interesting to see fuel comparison back to back test and dyno result. Shoot out on fuel would be interesting as now BP and Tesco have joined in the race for best high performance fuel. Shell have repositioned Optimax as V Power and upgraded the product at the same time. Legally they can not claim upgraded performance unless they prove it otherwise they are in big trouble (big loss to their cred if proved wrong and they don't want to upset big red!). The only way to prove it would be some independent tests and dyno work - then we would really know..... you can be sure of Shell!!!!!!!!! sorry just remembered the jingle :D

Out of interest did you know Shell blend specifc fuel for tanks and fighter jets - for the MOD - you wouldn't gamble one of those mega BHP engines me thinks!

i was off the road for about 3-4 months up to about 3 weeks ago (re-spray) i gingerly made my way to the shell garage on the cars first outing to find Optimax gone, i remember V-power from the continent and read it was higher octane than Optimax 2 years ago which really pissed me off with the price we pay for it, i think its excellent that we can buy good quality fuels now its like back to the old days with 5 star

:blink:

Purpose of the thread was to give members immediate link to the Shell site on V-Power (Shell's web sites can be complex!). Can't help asking em I work with the fuel team at Stanlow. The interesting thing will be to find out who has the best performing fuel Shell, BP or Tesco in a back to back challenge!:D

Do you really believe that a tiny bottle of Redex will make any difference to the octane value of a supra fuel tank?

Redex probably won't make any difference in a glass of water either.

For an appreciable effect you'd need a bottle full of concentrated lead additive. Highly illegal for street use, and will kill your oxygen sensor rather quickly. But it *will* give you a real boost in the whole tank's octane rating.

Do you really believe that a tiny bottle of Redex will make any difference to the octane value of a supra fuel tank?

Redex probably won't make any difference in a glass of water either.

For an appreciable effect you'd need a bottle full of concentrated lead additive. Highly illegal for street use, and will kill your oxygen sensor rather quickly. But it *will* give you a real boost in the whole tank's octane rating.

Thats what I was trying to say, I spoke to the garage owner and asked him about that V-Power and why its more expensive and asked was it higher octane, he said its just standard 95 octane with a suplement that helps clean the engine and injectors similar to redex.

Im using NOS octane booster at the moment. I never said redex boosts octane btw.

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=ie-en&FC2=/ie-en/html/iwgen/zzz_lhn.html&FC3=/ie-en/tailored/shell_for_motorists/fuels/vpower_pp/vpower_pp_about_ga_1602.html

Page one http://www.shell.com/static/ie-en/downloads/vpowertechleaflet.pdf

... he said its just standard 95 octane with a suplement that helps clean the engine and injectors similar to redex.

That's why he's a garage owner and not a chemical engineer;)

If he is right however that would mean he takes delivery of standard 95RON fuel in the V-Max tanks and he empties a can of 'supplement' on top, selling it as 'Ferrari' formula. No extra stages in the refinery.:blink:

The Redex injector cleaner does feck all by the way. Same as their octane 'booster'.

The 'NOS' bottle that you're using is the only one of the commercially available bottles that actually does make a small difference:)