The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Valuation on Soop for sale?

Guest welformed

Guest welformed

(seeing as I don't own a supra yet I'm not an owners club member (funnily) so can't post in the cars for sale section)

A mate of a mate knows I want a Soop, and wants to try and sell me his for around £12K+. Spec is below as sent to me.

Seems way overpriced for the condition, mods and age. No idea on mileage. What say you?

1996 Supra RZ

Face-lift model

Two way Twin Turbo

Rare 6 Speed Manual

Service history :

Serviced regally every 4 - 5k miles, includes oil and filter change.

Last service included, new cam belt and crank seal.

Gearbox oil change

Diff oil change

Radiator fluid change.

Turbocharger & Induction:

Stronger but slower spooling UK Turbo's

Blitz induction kit and heat shield

HKS BOV

Upgraded Spark Plugs

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

Tesco 99%

Exhaust:

HKS Super Dragger and second decat

Drivetrain:

Standard Getrag 6 speed box

CW Uprated Clutch, just fitted.

Suspension, Wheels, Tires & Brakes:

Gold, UK Spec Brakes with braided lines

5.1 brake oil

Tein Adjustables all round

Front strut brace

18' OZ Racing Galileo III

Interior & ICE:

Pioneer Head Unit

Infinity 6.5' component speakers

HKS Turbo Timer

Climate Control

Electric seat

Exterior:

Standard rear spoiler with rare extended lip

GZ Side skirts and rear splats

Colour coded active front spoiler

Debagged and modded front bumper

Side window tint

UK glass headlights

Modified clear rear lights

Sounds like a good spec, so he's fitted the uk turbo's? are you sure they are not hybrids? as I didnt actually think you could fit uk's to the j's? but if he's got round that he must have blown the jpecs as there's no real point of swapping turbo's just to allow to run at an extra .1 bar

It's with most things, if it's mint condition then it's probably worth as much as your willing to pay, tbh If I saw this and it was just immaculate with under 50k on the clock I'd definately consider it, the facelift manuals are hard to come by these days, get some piccy's up.

This thread will probably be moved in to supra chat I would have thought.

But like I say if it's just stunning then the better examples should be fetching a higher price.

Guest welformed

Yeah the facelifted manual is the main thing for me and he knows I only like a proper drivers cars. :p

Not looked at it yet, so I've got all the usual checks to do and the spec is exactly as he's sent it to me, spelling n all!

How can I identify the differences between the uk turbos and the j turbos? Any pics I could find or how to locate the model numbers? No boost gauge by the looks of it either, so I won't be able to tell what they're set to. Anyway, wouldn't you get an extra .1 bar with one of the cats removed or do you need to take off both cats to up the "stage 1" boost upgrade?

I'd have thought £12K (actually 12-13K is what he wants) for a 1996 model nomatter the location/mileage was well over the odds.

No way of telling of the turbo's really as they pretty well hidden away, strange that he dosnt have a boost gauge with all those other mods?, the .1 bar was referring to how far you can raise the boost, 0.8 is stock and the safe limit of the uk turbo's is 1.3 bar where as the j's are around 1.2 bar.

Price like I said, there are a load of dogs out there, the better ones really should be getting a higher premium(if it is of course), what colour is it though?

say it's got 60k on the clock and average condition you'd still be looking around the 11-12k mark.

12k seems pretty high, you don't mention the mileage, but looking at the advert it mentions a cambelt change so i assume it is over 50k ?

If it was very low sub 30 k proveable miles it would hold a premium in my eyes and then the 12k would be justified.

It would be hard to tell the difference between the turbos, they might be slightly laggier than j spec turbos.

Guest welformed

It also bothers me that he appears to have filled it with Tesco's fuel all the time. Being a fuel snob I would never go near tesco's fuel if I want my injectors and internals to be optimal. Optimax/V-Power only for a high charge temp car! Might have to find out how he drives it...

It also bothers me that he appears to have filled it with Tesco's fuel all the time. Being a fuel snob I would never go near tesco's fuel if I want my injectors and internals to be optimal. Optimax/V-Power only for a high charge temp car! Might have to find out how he drives it...

Recently Tesco came on top of all other fuels.

As Tom said this is 99Ron stuff, not the el-cheapo 95Unleaded

Paul here,

It's good to see your doing your homework on the forum.

As I said to Shaun I'm not sure I want to sell....where do you go after owning a soop.

Have a look in my garage to see pics of the car. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=360

I'm happy to answer any of your questions.

Cheers,

Paul.

That's really nice! :thumbs:

Guest welformed

heh heh. Rumbled! :D

I want a gentleman's agreement that if you do come to sell, I want first dibs! ;) You know me through Shaun so my money is sound and I'll look after her, don't worry about that. x

re: tesco's fuel. I must be a snob then. Never put anything less that Optimax/V-Power in my Coop. I'd turn in my sleep if I used some supermarket stuff.

Guest welformed

Proven to be better? By who?

Being that snob again, I can't possibly see how tescos 99RON can be better than Shell 99RON!

Anyway dude, how many miles has you car done and have you got a FTSH up until the mods became too much? What boost are you running too? And why the uk turbos given the small advantage?

uk turbos are stronger and can handle high boost abuse without the risk of the blades giving in.

Spool time wise i doubt very much there would be a noticeable difference (cat dependant), ive driven both, a de-catted uk, and a de-catted jap, and they both spooled up exactly the same.

Very nice car btw :thumbs: