The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shall i put a top secret style c/f bonnet on my car?

Marty

Shall i put a carbon fibre t/s bonnet on my supe?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Shall i put a carbon fibre t/s bonnet on my supe?

• Yes, get it on, it'll look good !
    • Na, stick with the standard one
    • I couldnt give a monkeys arse
    • why not, it'll take the attention off your pink supra

Ive got the chance to do a swap for my bonnet ( and a little bit of green) for a carbon top secret style bonnet. Im very very tempted, but would appreciate peoples views. My car is red, see garage, but since the garage pics its got lowering springs on, clear front indicators, and a big single :D

If i do get the bonnet i'll be getting a trd style spolier too with carbon insert to top the car off.

it'll look very similar to this one (the bonnet isnt a t/s one, but is carbon) minus the front bumper, etc (or the shoppin list down the side of the window), but it'll be just as shiney :D

PatrycjasSupra.jpg

thanks for the info Nick, its on a members car at the moment and from his garage pics it seems to be a good fit etc, i'll have to ask him. I dont want it flexing when im tryin out a top speed run with my new single on, on a test track of course :run:

sdavies, thanks for the approval :) i have these spending urges all the time, infact i need to curb them a bit, my bank account isnt too happy at the moment after me spending over 3k on my supra in the same amount of months :eyebrows:

I'd make sure you're happy with the fit before you buy it, most leave a big and nasty gap between the wing and the bonnet. Some are know to flex at speed too.

You must fit bonnet pins to any C/F hood IMHO

Sorry - but not interested in any 'mine works fine without' - you just gotta do it...

C/F hoods will NEVER fit as well as your stock - they will all have a 5/8 mm gap around the wings - that's true of al makes - not bad as long as consistent etc

I wouldnt fit it on to you car even if you were getting a TRD wing, you need more, a lot more before you can get away with it without it looking out of place :)

i agree with Bobbeh, actually.

the TSII is an agressive bonnet, wouldn't really look right.

the only one you might get away with is a c/f stock bonnet but i'd still stick with the original mate.

You must fit bonnet pins to any C/F hood IMHO

Sorry - but not interested in any 'mine works fine without' - you just gotta do it...

C/F hoods will NEVER fit as well as your stock - they will all have a 5/8 mm gap around the wings - that's true of al makes - not bad as long as consistent etc

Exactly, and personally I think bonnet pins look naff as well.

Did the original TS Supra have bonnet pins? I remember reading about the bonnet flipping up on that car and making a real mess.

When you're doing big speed, the last thing you want to be wondering is whether the bonnet is going to take a walk....

intersting replies :) as i say, im not 100% sure myself, guess the main issues are with the fit and the fact that it may decide to vacate my car as im flying down the motorway:search:

i remember crd's subaru's bonnet doing the same thing a few years back in totb, did a fair bit of damage to the roof on the way past too :blink:

I may just get mine resprayed, and no its not pink :p its just a slightly lighter red than the rest of the car :run: