Looking ahead - MKV

Matt H

MKIV AND V CLUB?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. MKIV AND V CLUB?

• Yeah that would be good
    • No, MKIV's only
    • Either way....

i was thinking (dangerous i know!) the MKV supra should be coming out in a year or two, and i for one would love for new owners to be part of our club (they will need somewhere to go at least!).

getting to see MKV's in all there glory, things people are doing with them when they come out etc.

What do you reckon?! should the club open itslf up to MKV's when they arrive!?

Assuming Toyota do bring out a MKV, there will be a MKV owners club or two within days. There would be the same conprehensive difference in models between MkV and IV as there is between MkIV and III. MkIII owners have their club as do we, follows that the MkV boys will go the same way. My take on the 'Toyota Supra MkV' is that there is only a remote chance that Toyota will bring out a 300 / 350 BHP answer to the various Nissan / Mazda / cant think of other competition coupes out there now, but if they ever did, it would be low rent 'ish. I still think the Lexus LFA concept is closer to the eventual truth, 500 BHP mark, expensive and pitched against Porsche / Jag / Maserati / Aston. A bit more up-scale. I dont think we will ever see another Supra, either way.

How about sharing the 'off topic' with MK111 and MKV but keep the rest seperate.

Second thoughts, let the rich buggers join the Nissan 350Z and Audi Titties club. It's getting to a stage where you can't tell them apart... Sorry I meant to say can't BE BOTHERED to tell them apart!

I for one dont want to know anything abouts MKIII's cos they were just another car, the MKIV is a legend tho so i dont think the MKV's would see it as a bad thing, plus tthey will have no where to go a first! Drag em in!

Dunno about that Matt, The mkiii has the same following in the UK, just not from the "fast and furious" generation. I think the club stands at the likes of JAE for example are testiment to that. Look arounnd any of the Forums which cater for both models and you will see there isnt a lot in it when it comes to appreciation of what the drive and own.