The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TurboFit T70 conversion

grahamc

Good day all,

I have just received a pretty decent quote from Sam at TurboFit to have this done while I have my engine build done.

I would like to know more info about the turbo that is used. What sort of power figures can be reached, using a good fuel system, AEM ECU, etc.

Who has had this done?? Whats the general experience with the conversion?

thanks,

G

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Graham Find out if its the Super t70 they fit. which is actually a hybrid with a 70mm Cold side and 69 hotside, but its a Twin scroll T3 flanged hotside which does aid spool making it less laggy than a full t4 version.

I think the compressor map is nearly identical to the t4 based t61 which quite a few people run on here. The T70 will push that little more at the top end though.

Marty

Graham Find out if its the Super t70 they fit. which is actually a hybrid with a 70mm Cold side and 69 hotside, but its a Twin scroll T3 flanged hotside which does aid spool making it less laggy than a full t4 version.

I think the compressor map is nearly identical to the t4 based t61 which quite a few people run on here. The T70 will push that little more at the top end though.

Marty

Is that for the XS Power turbo Marty (Which I'm sure is what Turbofit have quoted for Graham)? I've been trying to find out more info about them but there seems to be very little around.

I'm watching this one. If it turns into a bitching bun fight as things have done of late, the plug will be pulled. Keep it on topic guys please.

Pull it now Doug cos i for one am gonna flip in a minute! I know what its like establishing a succesfull business. What chance have Sam and Greg got if these 'Toyotatom/Burt' comments keep coming out. That comment was aimed purely at putting a potential new turbofit customer off their services. It wasnt fair. For the 2 dissatisfied customers mentioned, there is also 50 or more satisfied customers. Rant over!

Moved this to Supra chat from mods section - we've had a chat about it and feel it's only fair this thread keeps going as it may provide useful info.

RE: the pro / anti Turbofit sentiments, please keep those kinda discussions to PM guys. :angrymod:

Cheers,

Brian.

Thanks for the info...

Please keep this info on topic... I am not interested in reading threads about turbofit this and turbofit that. If you have something to say, please by all means, PM me, I have lots of space in my mailbox!! :p

What I am interested in, is people that know of this conversion and people that have had this conversion done to their cars.

I have had some good advise about the turbo (via PM) that has made think a bit about it, and so forth.

So please keep that aspect of the discussion coming.

Mods - thank you for bringing the thread back to life!! :D

Back on topic...

The idea is that I will get a fueling system and AEM at the same time, as well as cams, clutch, flywheel, brakes, with what is already on the car.

:D

From what she was telling me, the T70 is happy running 400bhp on a fairly standard set-up too, and is suited for autos looking for a small single due to less lag than the T61 they supply (or something like that!).

Have you asked Sam or Greg for any turbo details? If anyone can supply them it will be those guys!