The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help! Supra in-car camcorder mounts?

montezumola

Going on a trackday this Saturday :cool: and I want to get the camcorder set-up in car to record some footage ...

... problem is I can't seem to find a decent mount. I've seen these mounts:

http://www.b-hague.co.uk/Mounting%20Brackets.htm

But they won't work on the Supe as the headrests don't have twin exposed posts :cry:

I'm at a loss as to what to get, but I really need to order something today at the latest! :(

I'm just a bit concerned a windscreen suction mount might not be 'deemed' secure enough by the trackday company ... although I'm not speaking from experience! :)

True I hadn't thought of that! how does your camcorder perform out of interest? any good in low light??

I was thinking ... what about getting a clamp mount and fixing it on the passenger side 'grab handle' ?? Should be secure, non?! :shrug:

True I hadn't thought of that! how does your camcorder perform out of interest? any good in low light??

It's great, no issues with low lighting, although it does have a 'Super Nightshot' setting which films in pitch blackness too! :)

I was thinking ... what about getting a clamp mount and fixing it on the passenger side 'grab handle' ?? Should be secure, non?! :shrug:

It's great, no issues with low lighting, although it does have a 'Super Nightshot' setting which films in pitch blackness too! :)

cool,

passenger handle might be a bit tight to get behind, one thing I tried with my dslr was setting a up a tripod in the passenger foot well and then bringing the seat forward whcih holds the tripod in place, it worked really well.

ark has a screen mount one, he used these guys

http://www.fastfilms.co.uk/

Yep, and it's the bollox. Held up perfectly round Castle Combe yesterday, despite the choppy ride and high G's.

Normally tracks ban hand-held cameras, because you can drop them easily, and you can get hurt by 2 kilos of metal slinging around the cabin. A mount will normally be OK.