The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another niggle in car selling threads.

Getrag

Its my opinion that if someone posts a car thread it is of the highest level of rudeness to post replies such as "my car for sale is cheaper," "you'll never sell at that price," and other disparaging replies.

Im annoyed by how frequently it is becoming, just look at the first 5 threads in the cars for sale section. People should stop being so selfish and give some respect to paying members sales threads.

Its my opinion that if someone posts a car thread it is of the highest level of rudeness to post replies such as "my car for sale is cheaper," "you'll never sell at that price," and other disparaging replies.

Im annoyed by how frequently it is becoming, just look at the first 5 threads in the cars for sale section. People should stop being so selfish and give some respect to paying members sales threads.

Then please use the report post button for each offending post and it'll get picked up the the moderators. Thanks

Agreed :thumbs:

Totally agree it is right out of order, unless someone has a question about the car, they should not comment ubless it is constructive to the sale. You can imagine how pissed they would be if they were selling a car and we sat outside their house with a megaphone telling everyone the car was crap so dont buy it.

Class one, this is also a public forum, which I'll use to get others' opinions, thanks.

What Class one is getting at is if there's a specific post/thread where someone has posted something out of order it really should be reported, it'll ensure one (or mostly likely several of the mods) will check it and take appropriate action to the posts.

As a club member though I'm always in two minds (to some extent) when seeing a clearly over priced/misrepresented car. Do we ( club members) act in the interest of the seller (i.e. say nothing) or act in interest of a potential buyer (i.e. warn of an over priced/misrepresented car).

Personally I find it incredibly rude to post negative comments about a selling price in a for sale thread. A PM to the seller would be bets IMO.

Good topic though and worth discussion.

I am explictly aware of the report button.

Your right though, it is a balance between looking out for member seller or member buyer but I think that most negative comments are knee-jerk reactions and dont usually come with much thought about either.

And does anyone think that a buyer is going to just look at one thread and buy the first potentially over-priced car they see? I dont think so. Most buyers look at tens and tens of adverts all over the internet and papers.

Class one, this is also a public forum, which I'll use to get others' opinions, thanks

On topic.

Contradiction or what?

First of all you say how annoyed you are about people hi jacking for sale threads with inane comments, I suggest a method of dealing with it (btw I'm not a mod for the for sale section) and you give short shrift. I may be a mod but I'm still entitled to an opinion. Alebeit I have to bite the bullet.

I realize this would be a major mod..

But how about an ebay style system auction system, for both parts and cars.. the end users can then pick if it is a buy it now price or a bid price?

Just a random thought?

I like that idea, but I think its already available... called Ebay :p

Still, it would be (and is with the current for sale section) nice to know the cars you were looking at were from club members only and not some micky mouse importer selling a dud; while also allowing members to decide the value of the car by placing bids rather than the seller just guessing at a price.

Contradiction or what?

First of all you say how annoyed you are about people hi jacking for sale threads with inane comments, I suggest a method of dealing with it (btw I'm not a mod for the for sale section) and you give short shrift. I may be a mod but I'm still entitled to an opinion. Alebeit I have to bite the bullet.

I appreciate the advice but your comment also sounded like a short shrift, maybe it wasnt, as you cant always tell with text.

There has, however, been an increase in the hijacking of "for sale threads." Like everything it will be multifactorial:

Decreasing supra prices.

Perhaps jelousy that people might get more than they deserve.

Flooding of import market

Influx of traders selling cars so more competition.

Its like a little while ago when there was the boom of traders selling parts on here. To begin with there was a lot of bitching as people were insecure of all the competition. Then everyone grew up and relaxed and realised it made them look immature.

It wasn't. Apologies if it came across like that.

:thumbs:

Also the thread starter can at anytime ask the section mod to remove unhelpful comments in their cars for sale bit.

Some people view the posts as unhelpful and others see it as a way of bumping their thread, but I agree that to post unhelpful comments on a fellow members post doesn't help at all and shows a certain lack of etiquette.