The mkiv Supra Owners Club

93 supra MOT

Dave

My supes coming up for the mot next week, last time i took her i told the mot guy it was a 94 but looking at me log book its a 93.this year i am fully decatted and although hes a friendly chap i have heard that 93 supes dont need an emission test is this correct.

just been up to see the mot guy and he looked in his book and 93 supes dont need a cat test but they do have to have an emissions test he said having at least one cat would bring the emissions down .anyway going in saturday will let you all know what happened.

just been up to see the mot guy and he looked in his book and 93 supes dont need a cat test but they do have to have an emissions test he said having at least one cat would bring the emissions down .anyway going in saturday will let you all know what happened.

Yep they do need an emmissions test but mine passed that OK;)

I thought they were one and the same thing, cats were there to keep the emissions down ?

So if you don't need a cat test you get the higher threshold emission level which unless you car is running mega rich you should pass no problem without cats, that was my understanding on it.

yep, its the higher emission level that they need to pass. I cant remember what he told me it was now. My car flew through with no cats,single turbo,850 injectors etc