The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uprated Radiator - Any recommendations?

Sheefa

Tried to call Martin - no answer but left message. Just a quick one, the Rad kit for an Auto say's it's an extra £99 for the Spal fan and Auto Cooler. Does this mean this Radiator package includes the Trans cooler and Spal fan for the extra £99 or do you also need to buy the trans cooler separately - i.e. it's not included in any of the options?

Thanks ;)

Sheefa, ive just fitted a new Fluidyne to my UK auto.the rad was easy enough to fit, the rubber mountings of the car where the rad sits needed widening slightly, but other than that it went straigh in.

the intake for the stock airbox wont go back on however, due to there being no screw hole for it. ill be solving this in the near future though. i got a fluidyne tranny coler also, easy enough to fit, its gone in the duct where the stock SMIC is, but im sure it would go in the other side too. i will be getting a spal fan for my tranny cooler in the v.near future.

only issue i had with the rad realy was the temp sensor to the bottom of the new rad leaked. this was solved by wrapping the thread in PTFE tape. seems to have worked fine so far.

ive not drove the car yet with the new rad, just had it running so cant really comment on the performance.

Will be shortly doing my own Miami-Gt one!

However in the meantime

Fluidyne $510 + Shipping (about £275 +)

http://www.garagegt.com/shop/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=615

Or Koyo

Or PWR of course

All great!

Dont forget the all important import tax bit!

Radiators are the highest damage item next to intercoolers, if yours gets damaged on teh way over it will take along time to replace and you will ahve to send it back.

Buy from us and we will get you one next day as a member on here found out recently.

Of course it is well documented that the OEM one is a very very capable bit of kit. Perhaps you should try Steve Manley and get a price from him?

Definately - would also question the whole spal fan thing too.. why bother - it wont be as good as the stock viscous...

If you are buying to go bigger and better later then a different story perhaps?