The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shell V Power observation!

Tricky-Ricky

Having just done a trip to Liverpool and back, i am really impressed with the fuel consumption that i am getting with this petrol, the trip usually takes a tank full, thats 300 mls with about 20-30 mls left, since using V power, the trip up was fairly steady, 90- 100 klms ;) with not much boost, and when i arrived i had well over a quarter of a tank left:shock: and the trip back was a Little more spirited and i had just on a quarter of a tank left, so to say i'm impressed is an under statement!

Ive noticed it too but V Power is 94.9p a litre now here and not 102.9 which is what I was paying before my holiday so theres one reason. But i must admit, i put £30 of bp ultimate in as no shell was near by and got just under 100 miles. Last night I put £20 VPower in and this lasted 87 miles and i'd say 80 of it was spirited driving!

VPower all the way me thinks.

I have to admit, the car does seem to run that little bit better with the V-Power in the tank. I had been getting ropey idle and was worried something was amiss, but since I got rid of the last of the cheapo nasty stuff from the tank and filled up with V-Power, she has been a little more responsive and runs much smoother. Fuel consumption - I can't make a comparison yet.

I have just filled up with V-Power and also think the car is idling better. Interestingly, I popped into a Tesco Garage in Ebbw Vale and found they don't have any super unleaded and was speaking to the petrol tanker guy and he told me that all Sainsbury Garages in Wales and the Southwest actually use BP ultimate in their super pumps though it is badged as Sainsbury super unleaded.

After paying 1.03 a litre for V Power I will be interested to get to Sainsbury's in Cwmbran on the next fill up to compare prices and performance.

It's maybe supplied by BP but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the same as BP Ultimate. It might not have all the cleaning agents in it etc. I don't know.

Nope, he told me when he delivers BP petrol he takes it to BP garages and Sainsbury's so it must be the same..

Don't forget that BP stands for BIG PRICE so they probably can't reduce their price for fear of trades description act!!!