The mkiv Supra Owners Club

greddy t88-38GK??

Guest tore tt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really.. im looking at getting a new turbo... was thinking of gettting a T71 but if this spools better than my 34D (full boost by 4.5k) it could be an option.

i believe so mate, personally i would rather be looking at the T04Z or the T51KAI as there gonna spool up well before the greddy turbo, wont be as reliable but i suppose it depends on what you want out of the car?

Mike

hows the 300 coming on mike?

LOL slowly

Need some custom downpipes making up to fit the turbos so i may as well get a twin 3" system made up at the same time, i now need some new wheels :D (stupid brakes) but i have just had to bail my wifes brother out of the sh1t so thats just eaten up my car funds and now she has decided she must go to germany for the christmas markets and then theres the villa ive got to hire for HER whole bloody family next year oh and now she wants a holiday home :blink:

I keep telling her that the car comes first but she doesnt listen anymore LMAO

So will be done before christmas but not sure whan before ;)

Mike

i believe so mate, personally i would rather be looking at the T04Z or the T51KAI as there gonna spool up well before the greddy turbo, wont be as reliable but i suppose it depends on what you want out of the car?

Mike

HKS kit is totally overpriced and not necessary. And the T04Z would be too small.

A DBB turbo from Garrett or Precision in the 71-74mm range will be the best option.

go for a garrett gt42r jamie it is bigger and you'll be looking at spool from 5200+ish but man you'll make some good power :eyebrows:

The GK in the title of the t88 38 gk stands for greddy king by the way thats my useless information for the day :D i done a bit of research on one of these before i pip for my turbo, rare turbo and hard to find version of a t88 38

capable of flowing 1050 BHP

Type GK spec: Revised recirculation ports, using 100mm inlet.

The lag between the T88H-34D and T88H-38GK is only ~100 rpm on the same test engine :eyebrows:

it's been out for about 2-3years now and alot of guys in japan are using them but there f-ing expensive

as in presision turbo i hear bad things athough in saying that i have a friend using one and having no problems, they say they don't last very long, i'd say go with a gk but you'll have to search high and hard because they are very hard to get hold of so i hear it's probably what i'll go with next if i can find one :D

HKS kit is totally overpriced and not necessary. And the T04Z would be too small.

A DBB turbo from Garrett or Precision in the 71-74mm range will be the best option.

OK :Pling:

Well the T04Z will support 700 RWHP and spool from 3500 revs so why would that be too small?? theres a few cars in the UK running 9's with this turbo so hardly too small ;) and with regards to price?? well you get what you pay for whether its expensive or not i dont have an opinion on the price.

It seems to me on this site people are soooooooooooooooooo protective over the turbos and tuners they have used but its not just protective!! i have seen people including yourself alex just completely rip other peoples stuff to pieces which is fine if one thing.....do you have your own experience with the product?? if not they dont comment!!

Mike