The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is there lots of different shades of silver for the supra

markymark

Silver and Red are notorius for being a bitch to match though. A lot of the silver cars ive seen have had body panels slightly deifferent shades.

There are 2 different silvers that the supra was released in though, Quicksilver and Lucerne, but tbh if you have only sprayed the new kit, even if you used the same paint you would probably still see a difference, just because of the age of the orriginal paint.

Dude once told me that there were many differnt paint codes for Supra silver and that it was probably the worst colour ever to match. :(

Yeah, my brother had similar issues with his silver RX7.. even at different angles the light catches various panels and makes it look different.. very strange colour :)

Yeah, my brother had similar issues with his silver RX7.. even at different angles the light catches various panels and makes it look different.. very strange colour :)

When I put the skirts on they looked identical but later on when I went to work and parked in the car park under the lights it looked completely different, the bumper looked different to the bonnet strait away.

from that pic, honestly it looks like the bumper is the piece that stands out, but cant the rest clearly.

Nice front bumper though, I have the same thing going onto my silver supra... may have to change it now :p

Good luck, I am keen to see it looks and if you get it sorted, or we are going to have a couple of mismatched supras running around.

Yeah, Silver and Red are awful to match. I had a new front bumper sprayed and fitted by Dude, but wasnt happy with the match. Took it to a local guy I knew was sh*t hot and he sprayed it again for me.

Look at most silver cars, even cars that have never had paintwork and quite often panels can look different shades.

Right took some pics of what it looks like in day light, i've changed the bonnet over since the pics which I think makes it look a little better till I get the kit sprayed to match.

the kit looks totally matt finish whereas the rest is shiny....that's the difference.

It looka like they havent put any lacquer on. Your never going to get a proper match even with using the correct colour code. Also, plastic will always look different to metal. Look at the new audi's it very obvious on them!Edit: tht looks like the wrong colour code from here. take you car to the bodyshop and have them match it!