The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bilstein Shocks

Supra-Dupra

I'v got these on my car. Are they standard shocks, or an optional extra?? ... what do people think of them?

They're an optional extra (maybe were standard on some models?).

They're superb IMO, hard but comfortable. Nice combination with Eibach springs, though some may find it a bit hard if the road is in a very bad condition.

Spotted that sale Nic is having, debating on buying new or not as its only one of the front thats gone.

I was having the same thoughts a couple of weeks back (though it was the rears that had gone). Decided it best to go for a full set as even though the fronts were okay they're sure to not be too good after 13 years and 70k miles. Best to have a fully matched set really and at the prices Nic has its not so bad. These shocks are £170 RRP EACH from Toyota!! Even Steve Manley can only offer then at £136 each.

I was having the same thoughts a couple of weeks back (though it was the rears that had gone). Decided it best to go for a full set as even though the fronts were okay they're sure to not be too good after 13 years and 70k miles. Best to have a fully matched set really and at the prices Nic has its not so bad. These shocks are £170 RRP EACH from Toyota!! Even Steve Manley can only offer then at £136 each.

I know where your coming from homer and if I had funds available Id have no prob taking a full new setup, after having a scratch on the skirts repaired and some flush bonnet clips fitted along with buying 4 new tyres all quite recently, this couldnt have happened at a worse time :(

• 1 month later...