The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tiatn Motoprsports , The ultimate let down

psymon

Hi Guys

Got back from Florida today...

Whilst over there thought I'd pay a visit to these guys. Was gonna meet Gaz, but that didn't happen.

Anyways, they are located on a road which is about 15 miles long. Couldn't find them the first time I looked, after driving up and down it.

So had a free day towards the end and myself and my daughter decided to go have another look.

We drove up the road and I spotted the Tiatn trucks in a carpark. There was a guy in the truck so I scooted over and asked where they were. His name was Brad and a really nice guy, had a look through the truck which was awesome and had the celica in it, engines under benches etc and he gave us a few free t-shirts. great Guy.

Anway Titan was across the road, and the soop was in the workshop. Result. So me and my daughter drove over there. Went into the office and stated we were from Uk and wondered if we could have a quick look around the workshop and take a few snaps.

Reply I got was " your not allowed in the workshop, yeah the Titan cars at the back." So we looked inside, great eh? not.

Asked for a rear number plate holder, nice souvenir, nope none in stock

So basically we drove an hour to get there and another back, only to spend 5 mins there with no decent pics and a completely un-interested guy. Cheers mate... In my daughters words "that was rubbish DAD"

So if your over there don't bother, spend the few hours you'd take to go there by the pool.

Very very dissappointed.

Sheer coincidence? well my cousin who lives over in Macon,Georgia (shithole) drove all the way over to titan too to get some parts for his motor....much the same treatment, Give us yer money, heres the bits and fcuk off. Sound like a complete bunch of fcukwits. Hope someone pisses in their "gas" tank. there, rant over.

Sheer coincidence? well my cousin who lives over in Macon,Georgia (shithole) drove all the way over to titan too to get some parts for his motor....much the same treatment, Give us yer money, heres the bits and fcuk off. Sound like a complete bunch of fcukwits. Hope someone pisses in their "gas" tank. there, rant over.

maybe not...

Paul Laing seemed to be able to access the place ok, and he took plenty of pics.

I know it sounds weird.. but it IS a garage right? and maybe they just dont want people walking through it all the time?

Then again, maybe you met someone who was just having a crappy day? Who knows.

Paul... are you talking about them as a people generally or those you meet who own shops and sell stuff? My mum had a bad experience of Florida (shops) with being treated like, 'if you're not buying get out'.. but I've spent about 5-6 months of my life in the US and 90% of the people I've met have been more than welcoming.

Thats just the point , had a great time, Americans in general are very nice and welcoming peeps.

It really sucked, such a waste of time , juice when on holiday.

Brad the guy in the Truck was great, spent 15-20 mins with him.

Which reminds me, I have a 2XL T-shirt , which does not fit my manly frame. If someone wants to donate say 10 quid to the club I' post it to em.....

Si

I think they're different, Suprastore was setup and owned by Mark Tozer 'Supraking' was from Arizona, and Titan is owned by another bunch based in Florida.

When I was there they were both in the same (very scruffy) building. Also took me ages to find.

Sorry that you had a bad expierience. We try to show people around when we can but some days we are real busy and we can come off as rude that is not our intention at all.

It is just that we are very very busy. Again I am sorry someone came off as rude to you when you visited our facility I am glad you got a chance to see the rig and meet Brad Personett (the Titan Driver that has gone 6.40 at 220).

If you have any questions or anything let me know I will try and answer them.

Hi Guys

Got back from Florida today...

Whilst over there thought I'd pay a visit to these guys. Was gonna meet Gaz, but that didn't happen.

Anyways, they are located on a road which is about 15 miles long. Couldn't find them the first time I looked, after driving up and down it.

So had a free day towards the end and myself and my daughter decided to go have another look.

We drove up the road and I spotted the Tiatn trucks in a carpark. There was a guy in the truck so I scooted over and asked where they were. His name was Brad and a really nice guy, had a look through the truck which was awesome and had the celica in it, engines under benches etc and he gave us a few free t-shirts. great Guy.

Anway Titan was across the road, and the soop was in the workshop. Result. So me and my daughter drove over there. Went into the office and stated we were from Uk and wondered if we could have a quick look around the workshop and take a few snaps.

Reply I got was " your not allowed in the workshop, yeah the Titan cars at the back." So we looked inside, great eh? not.

Asked for a rear number plate holder, nice souvenir, nope none in stock

So basically we drove an hour to get there and another back, only to spend 5 mins there with no decent pics and a completely un-interested guy. Cheers mate... In my daughters words "that was rubbish DAD"

So if your over there don't bother, spend the few hours you'd take to go there by the pool.

Very very dissappointed.

well did you think to call and see if anyone would be able to show you around before you showed up? you cant expect employees to just drop what they are doing in their day to day work, to take a hour out of there day to "show you around"

i have been to Titan many times, and have always been treated good when i go there.

And of coarse you couldnt go inside there shop, no shop in the world lets customers walk in and out throughout the day. how many people you think would be doing that?

Being lost and them not having something in stock shouldnt be included in this post, because it means nothing.