The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my horrible yellow head lights

dazla

hi all just bought my 1st supra. its supra dupra lol. anyway is there any way of getting rid of that dreadfull yelloy look of the head light and is it possible to buy new one's from anywere. had the same problems with my fto's that i have had.

help me please arrrrgggggg

cheers

;) darren

if it's facelifted ones you want, contact Nic (a member).

problem with these is that you'll lose your sidelights i'm afraid as the facelifted cars had them where the prefacelifted cars only have the front indicators.

other option is to get gzaerojon to refurb them as before like i mentioned (he can spray the inners to look like facelift lights)

price differs too. facelift lights are over £400 whereas Jon's refurb will cost you about £100 on an exchange basis.

Guest gzaerojon
hi all just bought my 1st supra. its supra dupra lol. anyway is there any way of getting rid of that dreadfull yelloy look of the head light and is it possible to buy new one's from anywere. had the same problems with my fto's that i have had.

help me please arrrrgggggg

cheers

;) darren

Hi Mate, just give me a shout if you need any help :)

send a PM to gzaerojon and he'll sort you out with a refurb mate.

or do a search for Steve Manley and get yourself some nice new glass ones

;)

Thanks matey :)

Is GZaerojon around ? PM'd him yesterday but not had a reply as of yet.

Hi Jase, just pm'd you, sorry i thought i did yesterday :innocent:

hi mate sent you an email yesterday you must not have got it. anyway i need ya help matey my lights are awfull:( quiet a few people have said your the man to see. just need to know whats the crack and how do i get the news ones from you. and also how much. oh and them angel eyes do tickle my fancy:eyebrows:

dont want much do i:thumbs:

darren

Guest gzaerojon
hi mate sent you an email yesterday you must not have got it. anyway i need ya help matey my lights are awfull:( quiet a few people have said your the man to see. just need to know whats the crack and how do i get the news ones from you. and also how much. oh and them angel eyes do tickle my fancy:eyebrows:

dont want much do i:thumbs:

darren

pm'd

The facelift headlights transform the look of the Supra, I have these, facelift rears and indicators in stock if needed.

The headlights are a straight swap for the early model headlights, but as Supra-Man says, on the facelift Supra the side lights are next to the indicators, so ideally you'll also need to buy the facelift indicators too.

See full details here

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=76750

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9605/headlight12mk.jpg

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9076/headlight28wz.jpg

Question.

The PREFACE Lights are silver while the FACELIFT ones are black. Did Toyota change the design of the beam in order to compensate for the black housing of the facelift lights?

Pretty sure they did, the facelifts have a deflector over the top of the lense rather than it being built into the plastic headlamp cover.