The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had fun in the local car wash

johnd-mkiv

Went to my local car wash as they are doing free car washes if you donate some money to charity, got half way round inside the building when the group of blokes that work there started to look worried :blink: one comes up with a tape measure, and starts measuring the hight of me car :search: I then get told its to low to fit in the wash, so had to get all the cars to reverse out the building :D I love to be a pain

They had to hand wash it out side and made the worst job of doing it too :rolleyes:

When I first had mine I risked the local auto washer (pretty new "Californian" design jobby) - did a fine job, all it did was turn the mmirrors in. Poorly maintained or old style auto washers will pull any jutty out pieces off your average supe (er and any other car ;)), so as a rule of thumb, don't do it. Most of them wont let you as described. Low profile Rims and Body kit is under high risk. Not to mention who knows what came off the car in front and is rotating at high speed in those friendly looking rollers ;)

I take mine through the arc car wash all the time. App. they have a button that will lift the thing up for the spoiler. I have been through normal ones in the past and its been fine!

erm, I slipped off to do that in Peterbrough during JAE... I swore Charlotte to secrecy.... I was hung over.. what can I say... :D