The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel nut keys in lowetoft area?

rob_g

Does anyone in or around lowestoft have a key thing to undo the wheel nuts? as i didnt even give it a thought till i just went outside to strip my brake calipers down and grease them up, and realise that i cant even undo the normal 1's lol.

and anyone got any easy ways of getting locking wheel nuts off? coz on my old car ir was easy, i just hammered a smaller socket over them.

Any help would be great!

Cheers rob

I've got the exact same problem and am going mad!

I've tried the following garages:

Kwik-Fit

AA garage

Greswolde Garage

Wheelmania

Dorridge Autos

Plume

Not a SINGLE one of them can get it off - nightmare! :(

Looks like i'm stuck with a buckled alloy at the moment. I've bought some laser locking nut remover bolts with rounded thread but they're too large.

This is stupid.

I've bought some laser locking nut remover bolts with rounded thread but they're too large.
Laser make 4(?) different sizes of those reverse thread thingies, I think.

You could maybe ask these guys if they've sold to anyone near you:- http://www.lockingwheelnutremover.com

What are the locking nuts like? My friendly local mechanic persuaded them off the GS by carefully chiselling off the loose sleeve and hammering on an impact socket which was slightly smaller than the diameter of the nut, so that it made its own flats. They were the round ones with three holes in the top.