The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Too thirsty ...

nismo_lp

Just done that 'how much does your supra drink' poll thinggy! Il drive mine for about 2 hours a day (fairly hard) on a sat and sunday and that will cost me about £40/50 a day!? So weekends only is costing em about £400 a month is this right?

Another way of looking at it is ... An allround trip to London for me is about 200 miles and that will do a tank at about £50-£60 ... Is my sup too thirsty ... worth having it remapped?

Its a Standard TT!

Don't you think it depends how you drive it ? If you're booting it everywhere you go - I would expect you're fuel gauge to be light.

For me, I live 3 miles from work. So, I only drive it at weekends - usually on a Saturday. And occassionally - I'll boot it. But more often than not, I just enjoy poodling around - and getting it abit sideways on roundabouts.

As for a remap ? You can't remap the stock ecu - unless you're running a standalone or piggyback ... but on a standard TT ?

Just did that 'how much does your supra drink' poll and thought mine might me drinking a little bit too much for a standard TT. Il drive the car for about 4 hours in total over the weekend and il do about £80-£100. Another way of looking at it is that an all round trip to London for me is about 200 miles and il pretty much do a full tank which is what £50/£60...

...Is this right? Would it be an idea to have my car remapped?

A tired old oxygen sensor can be the cause of poor fuel consumption, when was yours last changed? They should be renewed every 3 years or so, it should pay for itself in fuel saving in a reletively short time and will also make your engine run smoother at lower rpms.

Last few days of O2 sensor group buy here if interested.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=77547

Yeah city driving is gonna be the worst.. however I did get through 75 litres of fuel in 130 miles at the Ring.. thats probably worse :D

According to that calculator i listed that equates to 7.8 mpg :respekt: :D

I am very happy with the fuel consumption and general running of the car after fitting a new o2 sensor from Nic.

There is a good mpg calculator here: CLICK ME