The mkiv Supra Owners Club

de-cat information needed,thank you please

mathew

right then ive seen and read a lot of posts about this de-cat lark but im still not quite sure of a few things. ive tried a search but theres so many threads. anyway here are my queries....

1. who can do the de-catting?

2. how much is the cost?

3. how noisy will it get?

4. are they simple to put back on for the mot?

5. is there any noticable effects after having it de-catted?

sorry if some of those are stupid questions but stuff like this i have no clue on.

1. speak to any of the traders to get a decat pipe. Any garage should be able to fit it.

2. dunno, a TT decat pipe is about 100

3. its meant to make quite a difference.

4. bit of a pita, best to find somewhere friendly 1st IMO

5. i dont think there is much of a performance gain with decatting a N/A

this is how i done mine matt had an exhaust built on the car at longlife cost £370. from the first cat back ive no second cat replacement pipe (mistake) .first cat replacement pipe from chris wilson £160.fortunatly for me my mot guy is friendly.if your going to do it get a 2nd cat back exhuast with a 2nd cat replacement pipe and then a first cat replacement pipe .the first cat is the restrictive one .i think if you buy them 2gether there cheaper.the noise increase will depend on your choice of back box .and as for bhp without going on a r/road i couldnt say but the pick up from 3k revs is a lot better .im pleased with mine the car feels a lot more responsive.btw have you lowered your supe looked nice when i saw you sat morning.