The mkiv Supra Owners Club

need your help everyone

rovervi

I have pulled all my dash out and that was as easy as everyone said thanks for the advice.

Got my new kenwood headunit in the cage but the adaptor i have doesnt fit (arses sold me 86-93 version) and i need to know pretty quick what adaptor i need.

I also have loads of blown bulbs and have found the ones that fit but dont know if i need 2.4watt or 1.2watt (1.2 may not be bright enough and 2.4 may burn the front of the unit)

hope someone can help, its a Jspec if that makes a difference.

HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP PPPPPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE lol

The connector that mrb mentioned has an iso plug on it this end goes in to your stereo (new one) the other end with the 2 plugs, look in to the dash area, to the left, tucked down the side you will see 2 white plugs connected to a loom, this is where the stock amp is plugged in, you need to unplug those 2 white plugs and add the adaptor you bought to that end, thats where they fit.

The connector that mrb mentioned has an iso plug on it this end goes in to your stereo (new one) the other end with the 2 plugs, look in to the dash area, to the left, tucked down the side you will see 2 white plugs connected to a loom, this is where the stock amp is plugged in, you need to unplug those 2 white plugs and add the adaptor you bought to that end, thats where they fit.

I have taken the loom off and i am left with these 2

This is the other that came out of the back of the stereo

This is the map of the adaptor harness pc2 - 17 - 4

So i cant see how they will fit

Give me a chance im finishing my porridge oats, i will be stripping the car down afterwards and can take some pictures then :D

ha ha sorry mate not rushing you was just seeing if anyone else knew to save you some work, enjoy the porridge oats lol get a brew in while your at it lol lol

Right i have done some photos for you, i hope it is clear, unless your stereo has a completely different connection type :( We shall see

Picture 1 - the 2 white connectors that were originally plugged in down the side of the transmission tunnel.

Picture 2 - pc2 - 17 - 4

picture 3 - pc2 - 17 - 4 plugged in to connectors from picture 2.

picture 4 - connector on back of stereo

picture 5 - pc2 - 17 - 4 plugged in to stereo.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Right i have done some photos for you, i hope it is clear, unless your stereo has a completely different connection type :( We shall see

Picture 1 - the 2 white connectors that were originally plugged in down the side of the transmission tunnel.

Picture 2 - pc2 - 17 - 4

picture 3 - pc2 - 17 - 4 plugged in to connectors from picture 2.

picture 4 - connector on back of stereo

picture 5 - pc2 - 17 - 4 plugged in to stereo.

Thanks for this mate

Mine is completely different to this i dont have those 2 plugs to plug into :( i have no idea