The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Monaro

mattanna

isn't the vxr monaro already £33000 and has 400bhp, so i'm guessing there upping the power to 500bhp and keeping the price where it is, thats a damn cheap new car for what you get :) will be quick for sure :cool:

500bhp from the smallblock?

Have you got more info?

Here you go John actually it's a limited edition available to order upgrade i think bit about vectra too, VXR 500

Who'd have thought a Vauxhall would ever pack a punch like this?!

Vauxhall have been meddlling with the Vectra and Monaro VXR models to give them more grunt.

New 2007 model year versions of the Vectra VXR have had the power boosted from 252bhp to 276bhp, thanks to a redesigned induction system, modified engine components and retuned electronic engine control software. These revisions to the 2.8-litre V6 turbo engine knock four-tenths of a second off the 0-60mph sprint time, taking it down to 6.1 seconds for the hatchback and 6.3 seconds for the estate.

To match the engine’s extra power, Vauxhall’s engineers have also tweaked the chassis to give more dynamic handling. Modified spring and shock absorber settings and correspondingly retuned IDSPlus2 chassis control software is said to optimise the pitch, roll and turn-in characteristics to make the most of the increased performance. All this activated by a dashboard-mounted Sport Switch.

Almost 500bhp!

Meanwhile the Vectra’s big brother has had an even more dramatic power boost, thanks to a supercharger.

The limited-edition VXR500 is based on the standard 6.0-litre Monaro VXR, but uses forced induction to take the power from 403 to 500PS and torque up from 530Nm to a massive 677Nm. In addition to the positive displacement supercharger, the conversion also includes an upgraded fuel system, clutch revisions and bespoke engine tune.

It’s expected that the VXR500 will have a sub five second 0-60 time and a top speed in excess of 180mph.

This limited edition model is available for only £35,995 on-the-road. That’s less than half the price of any other coupe with 500bhp!

While the Vectra VXR is available to order now from any Vauxhall retailer, the VXR 500 can only be sourced from Greens Vauxhall on 01634 246755.

Clarkson (his team of writers to be exact) described the Monaro as the lovechild of the Aston DB7 and the Calibra turbo. Pretty accurate IMO.

It would be interesting as a project after the supra. RWD, RHD, slick but understated looks and a smallblock. Perfect base for a twin-turbo installation:d

I may have to book a test drive in one of these, they are that good my friend almost sold up his r34 gtr nismo (when it was stock)for one :blink: true story but he desided not to and now has a 500bhp modded nismo r34gtr skyline :D sounds like alot of car for £35000 especially as you'll be getting a new car with warrenty etc and come on lets be frank it's not a vauxhall is it (if it was you wouldn't see me considering one) and as it happens it has a great ls2 chevvy small block with a charger on and should prove fairly realiable :) :cool:

A BPU Supra will just have the edge on the current Monaro VXR (only just, performance is very good). The new VXR will beat a BPU Supra I guess.

I raced a VXR not long ago on the way to work, the guy works just down the road from me in the mentioned Greens branch. I did have the edge over him, an he wasn't happy. He's always driving like a dick, but it does look and sound nice. I bet he gets one of these new models, but i'll be prepared, as i'm going single very shortly. :)

a bit off topic but involves the monaro. i bumped into jeremy clarkson outside a shop here (llanelli)as he was getting out of a silver monaro. he was looking for the hotel that the top gear team were staying in so i politely pointed him in the direction :) . they filmed the piece about the chrysler 300c here,also filmed the hercules plane landing at pendine sands around the same time with the XKR coming out of it. went up to the hotel they were staying at that night and the carpark was chock-a-block with dribble worthy motors.