The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Moving to a supra

Guest ChrisK

Hi guys,

I currently own a renault clio v6 and i'm thinking of selling it and changing to a supra.

The other car on my mind at the moment is a 300zx but there doesn't seem to be many minters around.

I'm after a UK car because my insurance company won't deal with imports (gay I know).

Also after a manual. Must be a manual, hate auto's.

I've looked on autotrader, pistonheads etc and can't seem to find many supras.

Anyone got any ideas? Know of any?

I'd be looking to spend upto about £9-10k maximum so i'd be looking for a very well maintained, lowish milage and near enough standard as possible as I like to do the modding myself.

Any advice appreciated.

Chris

Welcome!

I'm after a UK car because my insurance company won't deal with imports (gay I know).

Also after a manual.

Be prepared for a LONG wait for a UK manual.

Must be a manual, hate auto's.

With all due respect, you haven't driven an auto Supra, many people are suprised and end up actually prefering the auto. The supra's auto box is no ordinary vague sloppy auto.

I'd be looking to spend upto about £9-10k maximum so i'd be looking for a very well maintained, lowish milage and near enough standard as possible as I like to do the modding myself.

I revise what I said earlier, be prepared for a VERY VERY long wait.

If you're serious, your best bet is to keep checking the cars for sale section. You should also try Sky Insurance (the club insurance scheme) and you may be suprised on the insurance on imports.