The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jspec facelift light refurb

rovervi

Hi all i am going to have a go at this, I have done the outside and its made a big difference so now i am going to do the inside, only thing is the chrome rings have lost some of their chrome and just look like yellowy plastic in some parts does anyone know where you can get these replacement chrome rings from?

Cheers again

The rings on j-spec lights are not replacable as the inside of the light is all from one mould. Not sure if this is the case with facelift ones though!

I've just done a set, and used some chrome effect aerosol paint to mask out and spray the rings. If you want to give them the facelift look, you can wet flat the whole unit with 600 grit or so, then spray the whole thing matt black. Then when it's gone off, carefully mask the rest of the light out and spray the rings chrome.

Some of the original chrome came away when removing the masking tape on one of mine, so it had to be re-done. So ba carefull :)

Edit: Just realised yours are facelift! Sorry, i'm off work with arc eye! Handy info for anyone else though.

The rings on j-spec lights are not replacable as the inside of the light is all from one mould. Not sure if this is the case with facelift ones though!.

When Jon done my lights on normal J-spec I wanted to keep my chrome rings when they were getting sprayed black, he took my rings off and replaced then with a better pair as when i got them back they were still slightly brown underneath but not as bad as what mines were, so as per what Jon told me they ARE replacable

Strange!! This is a picture of an inside unit from a j-spec light that i am now doing. As you can see the ring is clearly not removable as the whole unit is one moulded piece.

On this one i've done the rings with chrome paint, and am going to mask them to paint the rest black.

lights.jpg

Guest gzaerojon
When Jon done my lights on normal J-spec I wanted to keep my chrome rings when they were getting sprayed black, he took my rings off and replaced then with a better pair as when i got them back they were still slightly brown underneath but not as bad as what mines were, so as per what Jon told me they ARE replacable

Hi mate, you're correct in saying i changed them for a better set, but the rings are part on the reflectors. basically i kept back a decent set for you from a set that were being completely painted black. i normally keep the badly peeling ones aside for when they get fully painted, then it makes it posible for others to get a mint set :)

everyones a winner ;)

Hi mate, you're correct in saying i changed them for a better set, but the rings are part on the reflectors. basically i kept back a decent set for you from a set that were being completely painted black. i normally keep the badly peeling ones aside for when they get fully painted, then it makes it posible for others to get a mint set :)

everyones a winner ;)

Ahh clearer now, so I am blaming you for my previous post for not being clearer...........mumble mumble bitch mumble :p