The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wash your car

hulse

I was juat wondering how often everyone washes there car im doing my about once a week maybe more. But since its a new car thought the novelty might go away or does it continue due to the fact they are such sexy cars and you want to show them off.

Many thanks John

Ps off to wash the car LOL :haha:

Once a month if it's lucky. It's my only car, I don't have a lot of free time and every time it gets washed, I lose more laquer off the passenger door.

Once it gets carbon fibred-up and resprayed it'll be a different matter (but probably still only every couple of weeks)

Depends on spare time (I don't follow a religeous regime)

Since its black I wash it more than any other car I've ever owned.

When I'm not busy - once or twice a week when it needs it (usually after rain/long drive) and polish whenever I can, every 2 or 3 weeks I do a part of the car in a kind of rotation.

recently I've been busy and not washed it for a week or two, not properly polished it for ages! :( will have to fix that soon.

What I have found is that properly washing/drying/polishing etc takes friggin' ages and it is really hard work to do the whole car in one go. I tend to polish panels and parts in a rotation.

I really need to find a good, easy to use polish that actually lasts a while though! (any ideas?)

Had mine nearly 3 months now and the enthusiasm for keeping it clean certainly has not gone away yet.

I do a lot of miles and gets dirty very quickly , so mine gets a thorough wash once a week and then a full polish and interior clean once a fortnight.:)

Love it even more when it's clean!:D

Had mine nearly 3 months now and the enthusiasm for keeping it clean certainly has not gone away yet.

I do a lot of miles and gets dirty very quickly , so mine gets a thorough wash once a week and then a full polish and interior clean once a fortnight.:)

Love it even more when it's clean!:D

it gets noticed a lot more too :) i once had three dudes come up and admire her for how clean she was :D

tho - i use to spend 5+ hours on a sunday afternoon washing, waxing ... and shampooing the interior ever week on my old civic (god bless her :) ) she was my first car tho - and i've still got her locked up in the garage (lot of damage :( so need funds to fix her up! )

out of interest how much should a good hand wash/valet cost

and how do you know who to trust and will do a good job?

There is a garage down the road from me that charges £75+Vat for a full Valet:blink:

I nearly fell over when he told me, but I had a look at a couple of cars that they had finished that day and they looked amazing!

I opted for £30 of cleaning goodies and some elbow grease instead though:)