The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM Wideband gauge rivals???

mikeyb10supra

Innivate LM1 Coupled with the LMA3 Auxbox = An excellent datalogging kit equal to any pro kit out there. PLX 300 and 500, aint used them but have heard good reports on the 500.

AEM uego, great for in car monitoring - but thats about it really unless your using the aux output for a standalone.

Zetitronix ZT2 is another great all round kit, great logging capabilities (egt, TPS, rpm etc etc) and comes in at a decent price.

NGK have the Powerdex-AFX which seems a good price (£150) but no real feedback on them.

Theres also a new one on the market by FAST. comes in cheaper than the lm1 + lma3 package. They also do a dual Sensor model, and im gonna be purchasing one of these for our 300zx mapping.

The good thing with the R500 is you can log without a laptop for over an hour and then just plug in your laptop via USB and pull over the data.

Next thing is if you run a car pc you can connect the R500 straight away with USB and build your custom dash with the software. So you get something like a HKS CAMP with it too.

I've experienced AEM and Innovative. The Innovative is fiddlier as you have to free air calibrate it and I've seen it lose calibration at least once, and it takes forever to warm up. It is however very configurable (via laptop) if that's your bag.

The AEM 4000 series is great for the average user to keep an eye on things, it's install-and-forget as each O2 sensor is precalibrated permanently, and it fires up in about 3 seconds. It's wholly unconfigurable though, and has two drawbacks - one, it sacrifices far too much range to the lean side leaving only half the sensor resolution for rich, which isn't great for tuning a turbo car, and two, most of them clip between 11.4:1 and 10.8:1 AFRs, so it flatlines at say 11.2:1 and you could be running anything from 8:1 to 11.2:1.

The AEM 2300 series is excellent, no configuration still, but still just install-and-forget, and stoich is at 4v, so 0-4v is the rich range and it reads accurately down to 8.5:1 - at which point the car misfires anyway :) Alas it seems like these are rocking horse poo these days. Glad I got one ;)

I prefer the AEM displays, I personally consider the Innovative ones to be garish.

-Ian

Used Innovate LM-1 for over 3.5 years now and can't fault it, never had a problem, never had the calibration go out, i recalibrate about once every six months, it comes with six channel data logging, and its very expandable, as already said add the Auto box for even more logging features, you can also add as many XD-1 gauges as you like an monitor whatever inputs you logging to.