The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will It Ever Stop???

terribleturner

I know i've said it before, but will the satifaction of people stopping and looking ever bore me?? From picking the car up almost standard, all the way through to BPU. Now single and the wastegate. I know i love my car, the way it looks and sounds, and i will probably always do. But the amount of looks and positive comments just makes Supra ownership even better. And im talking about Kids, young men/women and even OAP's. :D

Just the other day an older lady walking her dog commented on the car when it was parked. She said it was wonderful and couldnt believe how old it really was.

Had a middle age woman blow kisses at the car while driving through the city.

Random man with huge big professional looking camera start taking pictures.

While driving the person in the car ahead of me had their mobile phone out, faced backwards and taking pictures.

Too many people at garages say things to count.

Any many many more...

And nope, I'll never ever get tired of it :)

I know i've said it before, but will the satifaction of people stopping and looking ever bore me?? From picking the car up almost standard, all the way through to BPU. Now single and the wastegate. I know i love my car, the way it looks and sounds, and i will probably always do. But the amount of looks and positive comments just makes Supra ownership even better. And im talking about Kids, young men/women and even OAP's. :D

Was thinking the same earlier matey, it truely is very satisfying!

Had one OAP talking to me at asda car park while I let the engine tick over and he was saying how nice it looked and that he reckoned it was quick, then goes on to tell me that he pushed his suzuki swift to 75mph the other day and asked if mine could go as fast. I just laughed and didnt mention what silly speeds they are capable of.

But you are right, any age group nearly always stops and looks back. Because of how obscenely loud the car is i can see people turning round almost at the other end of the streets lol

Cant beat it :D

I haven't really noticed anyone look at my car in the month or so I've had it :(

Mind you, it is totally standard looking except for the lexus wheels.

I can honestly say I got many more looks in my old RS focus, although they did diminish throughout the couple of years I had it as the car got older...

The thing is people hear the car and look over expecting to see another crapy nova,corsa civic but instead see a true jap super car! I followed an F450 though town (theres a couple about) my car got more looks plus some college students walking across at some traffic lights all took pics of my car on their phone at that point the ferrari guy gave me a nod.

i was in London not soo long ago, in traffic (theres a suprise) then all of a sudden you can hear a coppers siren sounding and look behind me i can see a police van making its way through, so moving as far to the left as you do when the van came by my side and then stopped, copper in the passenger side put down his window and said, "alright mate, nice car" with a smile then carried on battling through traffic lol

also heres the other thing, what do you do when your walking back to your car and there are people admiring it, looking in or taking pics, i cant just walk back to the car, i have to wait till they go as get embarrased lol :D

also heres the other thing, what do you do when your walking back to your car and there are people admiring it, looking in or taking pics, i cant just walk back to the car, i have to wait till they go as get embarrased lol :D

No exactly what you mean, once watched 2 guys for 10 mins taking pics of each other standing next to the car! Just didn't have the heart to walk up to the car and drive off until they were finished.

There was a thread like this just before I had my Supra with everyone telling their stories of how they get looks and stares etc. So I couldn't wait to get me Sup and get all the attention myself.

Thing is I don't, maybe I don't see them but nobody seems to look at my beloved Sup! :(

I have a nice one too, well at least I think so. And my RSR is plenty loud enough!;)

Tell me about it...

But its all good harmless fun,

On the street, Petrol Stations , etc etc etc

Best one recently was at the Warner Bros Cinema in Watford

Took my lad and 2x friends to see Tokyo Drift,

While they were in the loo I got the Supra and pulled up out front to wait for them,

45 mins later the wife rang and said "where are you the film finished nearly an hour ago?",

Well the reason I was still there was around 30 people wanting their pic taken with my Supra and all the Q&A's

But hey it was a laugh,

And people seem to be always pointing a phone at mine , on the street or passing on the Motorway,

But then i have graphics and Veilside so perhaps that is maybe why it stands out a little ... who knows..???

But its that what makes Supra ownership that little bit special

I get lots of looks wherever i go.. except when i once went down to a local cruise with myself, another supra, a celica gt4 and an impreza and nobody looked twice - they were too busy looking at the flamer kit on the fiesta :search:

I was towing mine on the trailer away from the bodyshop yesterday and stopped at the lights in town. Three lads all with mobiles taking pictures of it. Er, its got space savers on ffs! Can just imagine them with all thier mates.....'check out this supra we saw with sick rims on it!' :D