The mkiv Supra Owners Club

so f'ing indesisive?

DBR

right situation.......

i have a 1995 UK spec TT manual, 48k miles, ftsh, absolutly stock an absolutly minted. (silver)

im looking at a 1997 TT tiptronic VVTI. 70K, 'looks' mint, completly stock. (gunmetal)

im thinking of swopping cars as it will free up quite a bit of cash, and i can start doing some light mods. VVTI is going for £8000 and im sure i can get £13/14k for the UK,

im in a situation were i dont want to do anything to the UK spec as it is becoming quite a collectors item, and dont want to muck with it changing it from its standard form.

insurance works out more or less the same..........

so i suppose what im asking.........

do i, stick with the rare saught after low miileage UK spec manual

or

buy the VVTI and personalise it a bit ;) :devil:

why? expalin yourself young man or go an sit in the corner and face the wall :p

no serioulsy, why'd you say that?

Yes mam :blush:

well reason i said it was - if you sell the uk for say 12k - and get the vvti for 8k or there abouts -in theory you have spare 4k for the road to a good single .... and a newer car...

Yes mam :blush:

well reason i said it was - if you sell the uk for say 12k - and get the vvti for 8k or there abouts -in theory you have spare 4k for the road to a good single .... and a newer car...

it is tiptronic/auto though, and not manual like the uk? hmm decisions decisions?

i was also gonna get a full respay for the uk at some point cos i dont like the silver so bringing the cost up a couple of grand.... so i suppose im saving even more money as the VVTI is a quality colour anyway?????

arrrghhh :rolleyes:

Hang on to the Uk and baby it, will be a classic in years to come!

Is it really though? I know we all like to big up the value of our cars on here, but the reality is that only around 600 cars were sold over here. The real reason for this is that Toyota missed the market completely - not because the car is a classic. The guy who does my MOT's tells me that he had a mk3 when the mk4's came out and all the local mk3 owners were invited to to the Lexus dealerships for the mk4 launches in UK. He says that people were sat around laughing - the mk3's were around £18K at the time and Toyota were trying to sell them the mk4's for £37K. This was in 1994. They didn't sell because they weren't competitive in the market - they were too expensive.

i was also gonna get a full respay for the uk at some point cos i dont like the silver so bringing the cost up a couple of grand.... so i suppose im saving even more money as the VVTI is a quality colour anyway?????arrrghhh :rolleyes:

Any extra value the UK car may have will be based on the originality, provenance and service history of the car. If you change it's colour, the value will go down, not up.

Stick with the UK. It will be your classic. Mine is staying std on the outside for that very reason.

Thank you for the comment about the colour gordon, i have spent months trying to decide what to do with the colour. Now i know, keep it std like the rest of the outside of the car.

:D

Seems to be alot of people looking at this 1997 VVTi at the moment! :D

If I could get it for 8k and sell your UK for 13/4K I'd get the VVTi. There are people on here whouve had both and I'm sure said the VVTi was better...

UKs were sought after because they were 320bhp and well spec'd. The VVTis are 320bhp and often well specc'd are newer and have a better engine in them. IMHO